Custom & Tradition

Next day in the morning, Nandini got up early and made coffee for herself and for grandmother. Grandma was awake due to headache. Nandini comes to grandma's room.

Manisha Malhotra :- Nandini u r here? Why do u wake up so early?
Nandini :- I was missing my mom and dad.
Manisha Malhotra hugs her. I am like ur mom. I love you beta.
Nandini :- this is for you. Nandini serves her coffee.

Manisha Malhotra :- thank you so much, but I am telling you, u don't need to go to the kitchen

Nandini :- ok.
Manisha Malhotra :- Nandini coffee is awesome. I really like it. Will you make coffee for me everyday.
Nandini :-sure, didn't you sleep at night?
Manisha Malhotra :- nothing like that I just had a little headache that's why I woke up. You can go to meet ur parents in the evening, don't worry. Don't be sad.
Nandini :- I can never meet them.
Manisha Malhotra :- why?
Nandini :- they are not longer in this world.
Manisha Malhotra :- what? I am really sorry actually I don't know about ur parents and Manik did not tell me anything.
Nandini :- he does not know himself.
Manisha Malhotra :- who did you live with?
Nandini :- I was living with my uncle and aunt.
Manisha Malhotra :- ok, don't be upset. I will love you like ur parents like I give to Manik.
Nandini hugs her and her eyes gets moist thinking about her illness.

Manik wakes up from the sleep and finds that Nandini is not in the room. He thought that Nandini would be in the washroom so he went to meet dadi. He's shocked to see Nandini there.

Manik :- u r here?
Nandini :- I was getting bored so I came here.
Manik :- you've disappointed me so much, I didn't expect you to disturb grandma's sleep. He gets angry on Nandini.
Manisha Malhotra :- can you please shut up Manik, Nandini hasn't disturbed me, in fact I had a headache, she has made me coffee. In what tone were you talking to Nandini.
Manik :- don't be angry dadi, I am really sorry.
Manisha Malhotra :-I don't need ur sorry. You have to say sorry to Nandini.
Manik to Nandini :- I am really sorry.
Nandini :- it's ok, I don't mind. Excuse me, I am going to get ready.

Nandini left.

Manisha Malhotra :- you hurt her in early morning.
Manik :- I thought she disturbed you.
Manisha Malhotra :- I don't want to talk to you. Get out from here.
Manik :- sry dadi please. I promise you I won't do it again.
Manisha Malhotra :- I have told you many times please control your anger. But you get angry for no reason. Go to ur room and convince her.
Manik :- but..
Manisha Malhotra :- otherwise I will not talk to you.
Manik :- ok ok I am going. First you tell me when did you start drinking coffee.
Manisha Malhotra :- from today. Now every day I will drink only coffee because I have never had such a tasty coffee.
Manik :- you never drank coffee on my advice, so how did this miracle happen today?
Manisha Malhotra :- I couldn't find the taste of my daughter-in-law's hand anywhere.
Manik :- haha, it means ur drinking coffee for ur daughter- in - law?
Manisha Malhotra :- no its really tasty. Manik please go and convince her.