chapter XIX

t h e l a s t s t a n d

♤♡◇♧

Leon pushes the large metal door open revealing Ashley, sleeping in a large vertical pod. She seemed so peaceful, but you knew better than to believe that. She could've been having nightmares for all either of you knew. You move in closer, but just like clockwork, you were halted by the voice of the man you now hated.

Saddler.

"You'll soon harbor an awesome power, yet it seems you would rather choose death," the two of you turn on your heals to meet said voice, clenching your teeth, when he stood so proudly, eyes full of maliciousness.

"We're taking Ashley back, whether you like it or not," you spoke through clenched teeth, gripping your pistol tight. Your moment was cut short, when time began to move slowly.

"The audacity of youth," Saddler reached out while moving in on the two of you swiftly, palms colliding with your chests simultaneously. Forcing you back against the pod Ashley slept in, before the ground met the two of you harshly.

"Damn you!" You mumbled, reaching your palm in Saddlers direction, you watched as the man began to just barely convulse, you pulled your hand back before swinging it, causing Saddlers large body to be thrown against the opposite wall in a similar fashion that was done to you.

"Now Leon!" You looked up to see the red dress of Ada, holding onto an mp5, holding down the trigger, aiming directly for Saddler's chest. This, causing him to stay down, stunned for the moment. Leon turned on his heel to slam the button holding Ashley, causing the pod door to open as her body fell from the seat she was once sat in, but not before being caught by Leon.

"Move!" Ada shouts, aiming her crosshairs back toward Saddler. Leon grabbed your wrist as he held onto a just waking Ashley, pulling you into the near corridor. More gunshots began to ring out from behind the three of you before the sound of explosions pierced your ears.

Just what kind of firepower does she possess?

You move the corridors, feeling better now that Ashley was with you, though you knew the fight with Saddler was still just around the corner. There was no way you could leave here- no way he would let you leave here without killing him. Leon pushes another door open, his eyes lighting up at what was in his line of sight.

"Woah," you thought out loud, moving closer to the scene in front of you. This looked like the mechanism Luis mentioned in one of his memos. To remove the plaga you needed a special kind of radiation, and you'd assumed by the large computer and chair with medical equipment attached, that you'd found it.

"This hunk of junk," Ashley pipes up, "I- I don't know about this Leon."

"Only one way to find out," Leon eyes you carefully, "you operate," your eyes widen at his words. You move toward the computer, knowing that's where it's controlled from.

"You sure Leon,"

"Yeah," he replied.

"Alright, here goes," you reach your hand out, pressing onto the green button that flashed, and the mechanism started up with a loud buzz. The mechanical arms began moving closer to Leon's chest.

"Gah!" Leon groans as a stream of light was directed towards his chest.

"Argh!" You pulled your eyes away, moving toward the screen that revealed the plaga nestled deep between Leon's rib cage. It wiggled around as it was clearly attempting to resist the radiation. Leon let out his last groan before the arms of the machine began to pull away, leaving a huffing Leon lying wearily in the chair.