O N E - Persistence is Key

Happy reading, Sade xx

_________________________

CHARLOTTE sat at her desk sipping on a warm cup of coffee going over some of the resumes that had been sent to her.  Being in charge of a well established au pair agency was not easy. People often have the misconception that all they do is babysit the children of the rich and famous but while looking after children is one of their main focuses; the agency also tutors them in academics, art and music. Not only were all of their employees smart and able but they also spoke various languages and had the ability to play numerous instruments.

Having her position wasn't that great sometimes, and reading the countless applications they received was definitely on the top of that list and the stack before her proved that.

She rolled her eyes as she read over one of the applicants CV, not only were there countless spelling mistakes, the girl had little to no qualification but she actually used a selfie instead of the standard passport photo that was asked.

Charlotte rolled her eyes and added it into the rejection pile. Sadly this is not the first time that she's gotten this sort of application. Many girls apply to their company with the plan of landing a job to look after the child of a wealthy family, with the hope of somehow catching the attention of one of the members, falling in love and running off into a Parisian sunset.

"Ms. Stein, a Mrs. De Luca is here to see you." announced Marie, her assistant.

Isabelle De Luca was the wife of the extremely successful but retired businessman, Enzo De Luca. He made a name for himself by opening a chain of well known and highly luxurious hotels and resorts around the world. They also own an investment company as well as a large vineyard in Italy that exports a variety of exclusive wines. Enzo was definitely a man with his fingers in many puddings.

When Charlotte received and email from Mrs. De Luca asking to set up an interview to discuss a potential job opportunity a few days ago, she was absolutely ecstatic. Having a family with a reputation like the De Luca's on their company roster will defiantly boost their status. She also made sure to do her homework on the family, wanting to be fully prepared for this meeting.

She found out that they had four children, Marco, Nicolas, Natalia and Maximo. Two of the sons, Marco and Nicolas, helped in both family businesses. While Natalia had recently opened up her very own design company and Maximo had just graduated from a university in London.

"Send her in please." replied Charlotte.

The doors of her office opened and in walked a woman wearing an elegant ensemble. A beige tweed jacket and skirt on top of a plain cream colored blouse matched with some nude heels and a designer purse in her hands. A string of pearls around her neck and a pair of diamond studs completed her look. Not forgetting the pop of colour that came in the presence of a bold red lip. This woman was a sight to behold. She carried herself with such confidence and class but had a surprising welcoming aura around her.

"Mrs. De Luca it's wonderful to finally meet you. Please have a seat" said Charlotte while shaking the woman's hand while gesturing to one of the two white leather chairs positioned in front of her desk.

"Like wise, sweetheart" replied Isabelle.

"So for the positions we discussed via email. I'd like to ask more questions so that I can narrow down the list of candidates to better suit the needs of the child" Charlotte said while taking out her note pad, she always preferred writing down notes on paper rather than keying then into her computer.

"Well, I need someone who is patient but not a push-over, someone who will teach remind him to use his manners and bring him down a few notches when his head gets too big. The person needs to be persistent and not give into he's whims or suggestions because he can be very persuasive at times" As Mrs. De Luca spoke Charlotte wrote down the characteristics, already making a metal list of people she saw fit for this job.