F O U R T E E N - A Strange Feeling

Happy reading, Sade xx

_______________________________

THE BASS coming from the speakers radiated to the outer walls of the building. He could feel the pulse of the music pump through his body. They weren't even inside yet and Nicolas could feel the warm, thick air surrounding him already.

He glanced over to Sebastian who had excited glint in his eyes. He was ready to let loose. Nicolas didn't know what was going on with him. He was usually always ready for a good time, but he just wasn't feeling it tonight.

Why did he agree to this again?

They walked into the dark hall where the only light source was coming from the array of coloured spotlights and flashing strobes. People clustered in the middle of the floor dancing to their hearts content and letting their inhibitions loose, the DJ jumping up and down in his booth hyping the crowd up, the occasional whoosh of air released just as the beat drops. This was where any young person would want to be on a Friday night.

Sebastian manoeuvred his way through the crowd leading them to a raised platform. Entering the private area it was a lot less chaotic than the dance floor and he had a view of the full club below. He greeted the people who were already there, recognizing a few of them as they made their way to the reserved booth. Seb's extroverted personality immediately kicked in as he dived straight into a conversation of one of the guys while Nicolas flagged down a waitress to order a drink.

Nicolas managed to make small talk with a few of the people around but the vibe just seemed so off. He wasn't sure how long he'd been there but time just seemed to be moving at a glacial pace. His gaze moved to the people below the deck. Completely immersed in the moment and enjoying life to the fullest.

He continued sipping on his drink and just sat in the booth. He was not enjoying himself in the slightest. Nicolas stood up and made his way to the bar instead of sitting in a dark and moping. Perhaps he could shake this weird feeling on the way there.

In the corner of his eye, he noticed someone coming towards him. How could he not she was wearing a glittering sequin dress that reflected all of lights making her appear like a walking disco ball.

"Hi, my name is Lauren." The women introduced when she got closer.

"Nic," he replied plainly giving her a fleeting glance.

It's not to say that her appearance was not eye catching. Her short, textured red hair, pale flawless looking skin and electric eyes were a lethal combination to sweep any person off of their feet. She was an attractive woman, but she wasn't lighting his fire this evening.

Lauren, bless her, put all the efforts she had into trying to hold up a conversation with him. Asking all the questions and making a few suggestions to try and prompt him to ask her to dance but it was like she was grasping at straws trying to get his attention and eventually left after letting out an irritated huff.

"What the actual f×ck?" Sebastian exclaimed as he over to Nicolas probably seeing what had just happened, "A total babe comes up to you and all but throws herself at you and you brush her off like she smells like trash?"

Nicolas just shrugged not knowing what to say, he couldn't even comprehend his own feelings. Usually he would be all up on that girl if she had approached him at any other time, but he didn't know, she just seemed to lack that spark.

A knowing look flashed across Sebastian's face and a gigantic smirk broke out. "I know what this is about," He nodded, "It seemed like she had it all; legs like a model, glowy skin, that little innocent but not quite expression but...she wasn't Charlotte."