Chapter 5

Rainfall entered the Riverclan territory uneasily, Silverstripe and Flowerleap flanked at her sides so she wouldn't collapse from exhaustion.

The Riverclan's territory island trees shielded the cats from the dirzzle of the rain.

The silver she-cat's whiskers twitched as they grew nearer to the camp entrance. "This is going to be such a pain in the tail...!" Flowerleap growled.

Silverstripe flicked his ears with a purr in response. "I'm sure, Mistystar, will understand" he mewed, positively. "...hopefully."

Hisses instantly errupted from the camp entrance and Minnowtail and Heronwing bristled at the sight of Rainfall. They bounded forward. Silverstripe waved his tail in greeting. "We're back, Minnowtail, Heronwing" he purred.

Flowerleap stared nervously as the gray-and-black tom growled and stepped forward until he was almost nose to nose with Silverstripe.

"What's the meaning of this, Silverstripe?" he demanded, he turned a glare towards Rainfall. "She stinks of Thunderclan!"

Silverstripe calmly stared back at him with a dark blue gaze.

Rainfall's shoulder fur bristled and she growled at the Riverclan warrior. "Why, you-"

Minnowtail stepped forward and rested her tail-tip on Heronwing's shoulder. "Wait a minute, this cat is hurt..." she mewed, stretching her neck forward to have a quick sniff at Rainfall's injury. She glanced up at Rainfall. "You're... Rainfall, yes? One of the new Thunderclan warriors..."

Heronwing hissed aggressively at Rainfall and shoved his way past Minnowtail. "That's not a excuse for her trespassing on Riverclan territory!" he exclaimed. "You Thunderclan cats think your so grand! You think your so much better than the other clans!"

"How dare you...!" Rainfall snapped, taking a step closer to Heronwing. She winced as pain sliced through her wound.

She hissed in frustration. If it were not for this fox dung wound I would have clawed his face for bad-mouthing Thunderclan!

Flowerleap shoved between Heronwing and Rainfall with irritable twitch of her ears. "Keep your fur on!" she said. "We saved her from drowning in the lake after she was chased by a fox, alright?"

Minnowtail's eyes widened and her neck fur bristled. "Fox? Is it here in Riverclan?" she questioned urgently.

"No, it ran to Windclan territory after giving up it's chase on this one" Silverstripe said, flicking his silver-striped tail to Rainfall.

"I'm surprised..." Minnowtail mewed, turning to Rainfall. "...you managed to run all the way to Riverclan with that fox chasing you. Impressive."

Rainfall's belt burned with embarassment at the praise and she turned away. "It's not like, I agreed to come to Riverclan camp" she mewed. "...these two mouse-brain warriors of yours kept persisting me that I see Mothwing and Willowshine!"

"Would you have rather we left you there to bleed to death?" Flowerleap hissed, cuffing Rainfall's ear.

Silverstripe put his nose to Rainfall's ear. "Of course, we couldn't just leave you there" he mewed. "...it would both give us bad dreams."

Rainfall blinked her golden gaze in surprise at the litter-mates who stared at her with soft blue gazes. She hated to admit it, but they were awfully kind cats.

Minnowtail waved her tail toward the camp entrance. "Let's hurry, we should have Mothwing take a look at that wound. Did the fox give it to you, perhaps?" she mewed.