Her

Eden had found herself in a predicament.

On the one hand, Sebastian's sincerity had softened Eden's hard resolution, and she could quit easily say she wasn't regretting agreeing to meet him. On the other hand – what had she been thinking?

How was she going to explain that they had already met? That she'd lied about her name, had feigned ignorance, and left because she was battling back the vomit. There was also the slight issue of her inability to mask her emotions, and that he was bound to recognise all those lies about her wanting nothing but friendship were just that – lies. It wasn't a date, but it was, and she could hardly regulate her beathing when Seb and herself spoke on the phone. She was bound to hyperventilate if she spent more than five minutes in his presence.

"You doing alright?" Chloe asked, pausing in her job as she looked towards Eden. The pair were trimming up for a Wedding Fare an hour North of the store. They worked in a harmonious cohesion with the Manor they were at, each promoting one another where possible. Plus, this was an excellent method of promoting Heaven Scent, as if they were planning on winning the Business Award, they had to get as many votes from the public as possible.

"Hm?" Eden replied in a non-committal way.

"You're spacing like crazy. I'm just checking in." Chloe told her, fixing the fall of the wisteria and pampas over the display cake.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just got a lot on my mind." Eden disclosed, lighting the floating water candles with a freshly struck matchstick.

"Want to talk about it?" She liked Chloe for this reason. They only ever spoke at work, but she was kind, a listening ear for if Eden needed it. They bonded over uni – though Chloe was three years younger, and just starting her course, it gave the pair common ground. It helped too that Chloe was also introverted and had a strong passion for the career both had.

Eden sighed heavily, extinguishing the match before she tightened the claw clip in her hair. "Me and this guy have been talking. I won't go into the semantics, but he doesn't actually know what I look like. He really wants to meet me – not romantically, but just as friends – and I said yes."

Chloe looked confused, more so at the distress tugging at Eden's features, and pulled out a chair, prepared to take a minute's rest. "And you're regretting it? I'm sure he won't be upset if you tell him that you've changed your mind." She assured, toying with the ends of the bowing plants.

Eden shook her head. "No – I'd like to meet him, he is really nice, and I'm looking forward to it. It's just that... well, I met him the other day, and I freaked out and gave him a false name, and then fled the scene."

Chloe pressed her lips thin. "Ah."

"Yeah." Eden conceded, straightening the tulle ties around the backrest of the chairs. "And there is also the matter of the fact that I seriously do not want to be friends with that man. Like at all."

Chloe cupped her chin in her hand thoughtfully. "You like him? Like, romantically?"

"Like him, as in, I've already decided that this would be the set up for our wedding breakfast." Chloe yelped a laugh, throwing her head back. Eden managed a coy smile. "But he's not the relationship type, and we just wouldn't work."

"Okay, I'm hearing you." Chloe raised to her feet, putting the chair back to the table. "So, you're nervous he's going to judge you for giving him a false name. And also, nervous that you're going to accidently wear a wedding dress when you go to meet him."

"That pretty much sums it up." Eden confirmed, taking a step back to view the set up. The hall looked stunning, and though she thought it ever time, she was convinced that this was her favourite décor she had ever done. Now, she and Chloe had to mingle, and with her photo books in hand, encourage newly engaged couples to employ Heaven Scent for their decorative purposes.