Chapter 10

It's still the same day since the last chapter, but it's night.

After the news Braeden has told Derek, Derek has been thinking about one thing Willa has said.

"We know why Derek's parents found the moonstone, and they hid it to keep it away from the source of all evil. But trying to find it is what's gonna be the trouble."

He then starts thinking more on the details and he then realizes she made a little smirk when she had finished her sentence.

After thinking about it too much Derek wakes up in his bed. "I have to take that moonstone."

Attaway General Hospital.

In the E.R., Kit opens the door for the volunteers to see Rosie on a Hospital bed with doctors all around her.

"She's breathing but her pulse is low." Nurse Sandy says. She looks at the volunteers crying. "Nina, get them out of her."

Nina nods and she do as she is told.

A few minutes later, Jed is walking outside towards Malia's car.

"What took you so long?" She asks.

Jed starts crying. "My friend is laying in a Hospital bed right now. Why am I such a toxic person around people? It's like wherever I go, someone is always getting hurt."

"Hey, hey, look at me. Whatever is going on with your friend, it is not your fault. They probably had what was wrong with them way before you. And I know you have a lot of anger and guilt built up, not just about your new friend you known for a couple of weeks. Your old ones you have back home."

"I never said goodbye. I wish I said goodbye before I left. And Ben, oh my god Ben. I never told him I loved him."

"It's okay. He knew you loved him, and he loved you. Never forget that."

Jed nods and he hugs his mom letting out all his tears.

From afar, Nina has watched everything from the window.

Now that it's morning, Derek is the first one woken up from his sleep, so he tries to hurry and sneak out of the house.

Braeden who is laying in the couch looks at him trying to be sneaky. "Where do you think you are going?"

Derek looks at her mad he had got caught. "I'm trying to take the moonstone back from Willa. After you told me that Willa and her pack did bad things when they were powerful. I couldn't go to sleep, so I decided to take it before Willa uses it."

"It's Willa. I'm pretty sure she has already used it as soon as she bought it to her home. And if it's true what people have said about her, she will be the least of your problems."

"What will be the most of my problems?" Derek asks.

"Trying to stay alive will be your top priority."

Attaway General Hospital.

After waiting for hours, Nurse Sandy finally comes out of the E.R. She looks at the volunteers still waiting.

"What is going on?" Kit asks.

"Is Rosie okay?" Georgia asks.

"Rosie's kidney disease is getting worse. They're failing slowly." She tells them. "Why did y'all throw a party?"

"We knew that Rosie was sick, so we wanted to do something nice for her." Jack says.

"Whose idea was this?" She asks.

"Mine." Georgia says.

"And - -" Jed cuts Kit off.

"And mine." He says.