Convinced

Dragon Empire:

Ae had been sitting in the courtyard thinking about Pete. He had been missing his husband for quite some time and was longing to see him. Each day would pass with his memories and at night, Ae would spend his time watching the portraits. There were times when Ae ended up sleeping in the room of portraits rather than the bed.

Today, he had been working from morning and was feeling tired. As he leaned against the chair, he dozed off. And all he saw was the face of Pete. That beautiful face that he was yearning to see so much. He saw Pete approaching him with a wide smile.

"I am so happy to see you... I can't express in words." Ae said looking at Pete, eyes getting weld up with tears. "I have missed you too Ae..." Pete replied in a soft tone. "You are back to stay with me. Right?" Ae tried to confirm. "Yes... I am... But will you promise not to be your previous self again?" Pete questioned. "I promise you that I will obey each and everything you say. It's only you whom I love." Ae confessed as he pulled Pete closer. The cute guy rested his hands on Ae's shoulder slowly sliding them down going towards the abdomen. But why was this dream actually feeling real?

Ae was snapped out of his sleepy state when he felt the cold touch of hands that had slid into his tunic. He immediately pushed those hands away while leaving the chair and turning around to see the culprit. "KHEM!!! What the hell were you doing?" Ae asked annoyed when he found the woman standing behind the chair.

"I heard you say that you missed me." Khem spoke. "I will never miss you and none of those words were directed towards you." Ae said in a firm tone. "Then who is this person you miss? I am sure that there couldn't be anyone beside me who could satisfy you. It will always be me. Don't get fooled with the imitation. You never know what the other person is hiding from you." Khem was trying to poison Ae's thoughts.

"Good try but I am not going to fall for your tricks again. What happened in past was all because I was being careless but not anymore. I have my own mind and I can think. You don't have to advice me." Ae snapped. "So now you become the good person? What about the bad things you did in past? Do you think people will accept you now?" Khem shot back.

"I know that I can't change the past but I can at least try to improve my mistakes. Unlike you, who is still not having any intentions to improve. I pity you Khem. I don't even know what will happen to you when you lose everything." Ae said.

"Don't keep your hopes high Ae. You will have to pay the price for your mistakes. Karma never leaves anyone." Khem threatened. "Well, I am ready for whatever I am going to face but you will have to think about yourself because it was you who was corrupting my thoughts and suggesting me about everything. Even influencing my decisions with your tricks. Do you think that Karma will not get back at you?" Ae asked. That had the concubine go silent because she knew that she was the one who was responsible for what had happened. She had been feeding Ae some medicines through food and drinks that had him under her control.

"Good luck Khem and please leave the palace ground as soon as possible if you don't want to spend the rest of your life in the prison." Ae said while turning around and leaving the place. Khem was left dumbfounded when she noticed that Ae was not under her control anymore. Stomping her feet, she walked away heading towards the gate. Little did the two know that there was someone watching their interaction. "I am glad that Pete managed to change you. Love is surely more powerful than anything else. It's time that you should leave to bring him back but I need to know whether he still hold the same feelings for you and want to sustain the marriage or he realized that he can no longer be with you. I just hope that his feelings for you haven't changed. Your thoughts have been masked with those of concubines so much that you never saw the love Pete had for you. No one could ever love you more than him Ae." the female spoke in a low tone while sighing.