The villain

The next day, Khem was produced in court for further proceedings. Ae and Satra did manage to bring in a whole lot of information which proved to be vital for the court.

When Ae and Satra began to investigate, they came across Khem’s parents. When Satra inquired with them, they revealed that Khem killed her own brother before running away with another man. She took away all the wealth leaving the weak couple to starve.

Ae and Satra made arrangements to bring the couple to the royal palace before they went into further investigation. The further progress with the case revealed lot many things which included how Khem had killed the family of her own in laws to marry the man she wanted. And after killing her brother, she eloped with her lover.

Khem was good with the play and always made sure to lure the rich people into her trap to get the advantage. There were no traces about her after she left the village since she made sure to conceal her identity. Things began to get suspicious at this point.

As the emperor sat on the throne with his wife beside him, he ordered to continue the proceedings. Since Ae had arrived yesterday, Pete had been a lot happy and after their sweet love making in the garden, Ae had carried him back to their bed chamber. Even though the other protested and whimpered and also complained, Ae made sure that he had dinner before sleeping. Sleepy Pete was more like a kid who would throw tantrums over small small things. And this morning when Ae woke up, he didn’t have heart to wake his husband up so he quietly left the bed and got ready for the day. He ordered Hom and Phailin not to disturb Pete since he needed rest.

Ae stepped forward and began to narrate about everything they came across on their mission. Khem was produced in the courtroom with chains around her wrist and ankles that protected her from escaping.

After hearing everything, the emperor moved to speak, “Charges of treason, murders, false identity and intentionally trying to harm the royal family. Khem has broken each and every rule and is liable for severe punishment.” The emperor ordered.

“Your majesty…. I am being accused for something that is not true. And without evidence and witnesses, you cannot hold me responsible.” Khem defended. “Youbg lady, we do have witnesses.” The emperor said while smiling. Then next moment, an elderly couple walked into the court. Khem’s eyes were shot wide open when she saw them, she was left in disbelief. ‘”This is not true.” She said while looking at the couple.

“Witnesses as you asked for. Let them narrate the horror of having you as a child.” The emperor said while gesturing the elderly couple to speak. The woman stepped forward and slapped Khem right in the face turning the colour of her cheeks to dark shade of pink. “That’s for my son.” She hissed and the man had to step forward to pull her back.

“Your majesty… I apologise on behalf of my wife. She just got a little emotional.” The husband apologized. “You don’t have to be sorry. Whatever happened is really bad and it’s a way the mother would choose to give her back something she owes. Only thing, she is still trying to respect the court by just slapping her. It’s completely understandable. You may proceed to narrate about what you know.” The emperor assured while asking the man to speak.

As the husband began to narrate about what has happened, many of the people in court got goosebumps over their bodies. This was the first time they heard a woman being this cruel.  And it wasn’t just the rich but also her own family who became a victim of her acts.

“Seeing the series of events, it is clear that Khem is not only a threat to royal family but also to everyone around. Her offenses are liable to punishment and as a result the court is hereby announcing a death sentence to her.” The emperor declared. Khem was left in shock not expecting to be killed by the royals.