Christmas Oneshot- 🐢💙🎄

Snow fell outside of our lovely house, the moonlight reflecting off of it and into the sky. It was beautiful, and I stared out the window longingly as the fire crackled behind me and sent waves of warmth up my spine.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, and adjusted the nightgown again as I hugged my legs tightly.

A sigh escaped my lips, just as I heard Fritz run into the living room.

"Y/N!" He practically screeched, running up to me and pulling lightly on my night gown, "Y/N! Get off of the windowsill and come play with me!"

I rolled my eyes lightly, but patted Fritz's head, "If we get all your toys out you'll just have to clean them up when Godfather Drosselmeyer arrives."

Fritz huffed loudly, but that huff quickly changed into a squeal of excitement as someone knocked on the front door.

"Godfather Drosselmeyer!" Fritz beamed as he ran out of the living room.

"Fritz!" I heard my godfather exclaim, which made me jump up from the windowsill and run in after Fritz.

There he was, my Godfather, standing there in all of his glory.

A faint gray stubble lay at the bottom of his chin, his right eye covered with a black eyepatch. He held a fancy green hat in his hand, that matched his winters coat. He stroked his long gray beard, his dark brown eyes fixated on my face as a rare smile over came him, "Y/N!"

I ran in for a hug, squeezing my godfather tightly before allowing my mother and father to do the same.

My Godfather beamed brightly as he announced in a loud voice, "Now, let us feast! It is Christmas!"

Fritz frowned, "But what about the presents?"

Drosselmeyer chuckled as he ruffled my younger brothers hair, "After you eat your dinner, after."

-~•/——|——\•~-

The dinner was delicious, a lovely Turkey complete with fresh bread rolls, green bean casserole along with glasses of eggnog, and plenty more food that filled me up.

I was full and content.

Well, almost content.

We still has presents.

"Godfather! Godfather!" Fritz shouted as he pulled Drosselmeyer into the living room.

Our Godfather sat on the couch as Fritz got on his knees in front of the couch and begged for his present.

I rolled my eyes lightly as Drosselmeyer chuckled, but I then also ran to sit in front of my Godfather as he spoke up, "Yes, yes. I do believe that it is time to open your presents."

His eyes twinkled, and they captivated me as he pulled out two gifts from under his cloak.

How had he hidden them under there? How did we not notice?

But all thoughts left my mind as I gingerly took the present from his hand and Fritz began eagerly shredding his open.

"Oh boy-" Fritz grinned as the last of the wrapping fell off. He quickly opened the box, "It's-!"

There was a pause as Fritz looked into the box, his smile significantly dropping, "A... train."

Fritz pulled out a wooden train, decorated with blue red and green. It was very simple, but still a finely crafted piece nonetheless.

"Oh, it's lovely Godfather Drosselmeyer." I smiled as Fritz examined his toy, looking around as if expecting more.

"It certainly is," My father piped in front the back, "Tell you Godfather what you think of it, Fritz."