Chapter 27 | Worlds Edge

"High five?" Pathfinder happily said, his hand just inches away from me as he stood there, waiting for a reply. I looked up at him before rolling my eyes.

"No." He jolted slightly before lowering his hand, the small screen on his chest showing a teary face. He looked down, still for a few seconds before turning to Crypto.

"High-"

"No." Crypto interrupted coldly, not making eye contact with Pathfinder as he stood there in between the two of us. I felt bad, but I wasn't in the mood right now. I quickly glanced to my right, noticing that Ajay stood there by herself while Tavi and Natalie were deep in conversation...

...Wait what...

My eyes widened as I glimpsed once more. Tavi and her were laughing, as well as her being all touchy with him. At that moment I felt like the same temperature as lava from how bad my blood was boiling and my knuckles were as white as snow from how tight my fists were without me even knowing. I sighed as Octavio quickly made eye contact with me, only for me to turn away right afterwards.

I don't want anything to do with him, nothing at all... Was all I could repeat to myself as I stood there. I took a few deep breaths in and out, calming myself as I turned to Crypto and Pathfinder. 

"How do you guys wanna do this?" Crypto only shrugged his shoulders as he inspected his drone. I looked up at Pathfinder who looked lost in thoughts. 

"I don't know friends..." Pathfinder finally answered. I sighed before looking up at the map on the screen of the dropship.

"Should we hop drop?" I looked back at my two teammates, who seemed to agree with my idea. "Hot drop it is then."

After a few minutes of planning our game play, the door of the dropship started to open, revealing Worlds Edge from the distance, and god did it look beautiful. This was my first time playing on Worlds Edge, so hopefully it goes just the way I want it to.

"Attention Legends, please get ready to drop." the announcer spoke through the speakers. Well, looks like it's now or nothing. 

Time Skip:

With an empty R-99 to my name, I was officially fucked. Landing at Fragment was not a good idea, now that Crypto and Pathfinder were obliterated by multiple teams. And if my life wasn't any harder, the teams now focus on me. Not to mention that the other teams already have decent armour and guns, this doesn't put me in a good place. I currently was sitting in a building, just inches away from a window of death while teams battled on the floor just underneath me. Not to mention that I'm only 70% into my Ultimate ability.

It was only then that my trail of thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang downstairs. My nose instantly twitched at the foul smell that crept into the air and my sense of scent instantly grew weaker. I coughed up a bit before covering my nose. Caustic gas, the last thing I need right now. 

"Hold on, someones upstairs..." My eyes widen. Shit, I'm fucked... I look around quickly, trying to find an escape route, however the only thing I could think of was upstairs which leads straight to an open floor. Perfect for other teams to snipe. Loud footsteps came closer as they climbed the stairs, giving me no choice but to run. I quickly placed the R-99 on my back before making a escape up the stairs and onto the 3rd floor, shutting the door behind me before I jump onto the balcony of another building. Luckily, this building hasn't been looted, and to my luck it held some light ammo along with a wingman. Before I had a chance to to run back into a fight, Crypto came into comms.

"Don't Killswitch, you already have our banners. Bring us back."

As cocky as I was feeling, this is a team based match. He was right, I should bring them back first. I quickly made my way east of fragment, reviving them at the closest beacon which luckily was just a few metres away from fragment. Once Crypto dropped down, I quickly threw my wingman towards him. 

"You'll need it more than me." He nodded his head in appreciation before running around to loot the area before teams would notice we were here. Once everyone was fully kitted out, we decided to make our way to Countdown since ring seemed like it would finish between Trials and Skyhook. 

A team of Mad Maggie, Loba and Fuse were already waiting for us at countdown, sniping us from the buildings as another team come up from behind us.

"Shit! We're being 3rd partied!" I looked up at Crypto and Pathfinder as we all tried our best to find the tiniest of safe spots behind rocks and hills. Bullets flew past us, penetrating the only cover we had in the process. I quickly turned to get some shots on the team at Countdown, only to get shot by the other team on our right. "Fuck, we're not gonna get out of this." I shouted to the others while I take a shield cell.

"Pathy! You got your grapple?" Crypto asked, only for Pathfinder to shake his head no.

"Sorry friend, I used it on our way here." At that moment I thought of an idea.

"I can carry you guys!" I exclaimed, only for Crypto to give me a confused look. "My ultimate, I'm big enough to carry you both, and fast enough to get out of here." Crypto looked unsure at first, until Maggie's wrecking ball flew towards our direction.

"You know what, great idea Killswitch." He quickly slid towards the rock I took cover from. "Anytime now!"

"Be fucking patient, it takes a while." I snapped back while in the process of my transition. Once I was fully transformed, I let Crypto get onto my back.

"Oh no! I'm down friends!" Pathfinder dropped to the floor before being brutally finished by the team who seemed to push us instantly. 

"Anytime now Killswitch!" Crypto shouted, dodging any incoming bullets coming our way. I quickly jumped down the hill, trying my best to avoid any incoming bullets that shot our way as I ran Landside, jumping from building to building until they lost focus on us. Me and Crypto hid behind some buildings as he healed to full health. "What's the plan?"

"We'll make our way to Staging, then run past Lava Fissure and then make our way to Trials. I don't smell anything near us so we should be ok." I replied, he nodded his head. 

"Good plan." Before we could continue our talk, the announcement for next ring echoed throughout the lands, indicating that we should leave now. Crypto got onto my back once more before we continued our route, making it to Trials with no issues whatsoever. Once we made it our way up the Trials mountain, I transformed back into my normal form, setting up camp for a little bit as we waited for teams to come in.

"What's happening with you and the druggie?" Crypto broke the perfectly fine silence, now making the atmosphere awkward. I looked up at him in a confused manner before looking back down at Skyhook.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, aren't you two like a thing? It seems like there's some sort of rivalry between the two of you now..." He elaborated, looking at me with a normal serious expression. I looked at him with confused eyes.

"Why does it matter?" I asked. He only shrugged his shoulders in return. 

"Was just wandering if you two were together is all..." I squinted my eyes at him before turning my focus back onto Skyhook. I could still feel his gaze on me however throughout the rest of the few minutes we were up there. 

"I don't know what your tryna get at, but we have a game to win." I said as I got up. "Last two teams, we should get down there and 3rd party." I said calmly before sliding down the mountain, landing on my feet before making my way the edge of Skyhook. It's his choice if he wants to follow up or not.

Once I got to the top of one of the buildings, a squad instantly had their shot on me, depleting my shield instantly along with half of my health. I quickly took cover inside of the building in a corner, healing up while I wait for Crypto to make his way to me. While I healed, a small chuckle could be heard from behind me.

"Well well! What do we have here?" I quickly turned around, only to be face to face with Natalie with a charged peacekeeper. She laughed as she let go of the trigger but before she got a shot, I quickly ran around the corner, pulling my R-99 out before going back. Aiming down, I jump around the corner, cracking her shield before Crypto gets a shot on her, downing her.

"Do you only come in hand when we almost lose?" I joked while he finished her. 

"Do you always be this bitchy?" He asked, a small smile hidden on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Bitchy is my middle name sweetheart." He quickly picked up some shotgun ammo from Natalie's box before getting back up. "Rings gonna close, we should go."

"Attention legends, the game has been terminated. Please remove any weapons and armour on you and make your way to Fragment West. Thank you." Me and Crypto looked at each other with confused faces.

"Uhm...?" He only shrugged his shoulders in return. 

Once we made it to Fragment West, Octavio, LIfeline, Maggie and Fuse were already there, waiting for us. Lifeline smiled at me as well as Maggie and Fuse, however Tavi kept his eyes away. Lifeline came up to me.

"Ya know why the game was terminated?" She asked. I only shook my head in return. I looked at Tavi then back at her. Before I could say anything, she only shook her head no. "He hasn't said a word to me." I sigh. The dropship suddenly arrived, as everyone started to board it.