Chapter 6

Hello there! I'm back, guys, and I apologize for the delay in Chapter 6. I'm still struggling with writer's block, but I assure you that I'll do my best to deliver quality content. I appreciate your patience with me and thank you for sticking around.

"Are you serious, Tails?! This can't be happening!" she exclaimed, teary-eyed. "Vertera, it's okay," said Rouge, trying to comfort her. But Vertera refused to listen and ran away from them. "Vertera, come back!" cried Amy. "Vertera, stop!" said Sonic as he chased after her. "I'm coming with you!" said Knuckles as he followed Sonic. "Poor Miss Vertera; she must be so upset," said Cream, saddened. "I feel bad for her too, but Sonic and Knuckles will bring her back," said Silver. "You're right, mate! They'll bring her back safe and sound!" said Marnie. "Silver and Marnie are spot on, Cream," said Blaze. "I hope so, Blaze," said Amy.

Meanwhile, a massive robot stopped Vertera as she continued to run away, heartbroken. The robot grabbed her and squeezed her tightly. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Let me go!!!" she screamed, trying to break free. "Hey, let her go!" said Sonic. "Yeah, let's get him!" said Knuckles. As the robot charged at them, a deep voice shouted "Chaos Spear!" and blasted the robot. Vertera looked up in pain and saw a red and black hedgehog with rings on his wrists and ankles. "Well, Faker, I see you're already causing trouble. I'm not surprised," said a black hedgehog. "Long time no see, Faker!" said Sonic. "Come on, let's take this robot down," said the black hedgehog. "Yeah! And we'll rescue our friend!" added Sonic. "Let's go!" said Knuckles. The trio charged at the robot and battled it.

Sonic spin-dashed at the robot, knocking it down and freeing Vertera. She lay on the ground in pain, saying "Ow...." The black hedgehog picked her up and said, "Don't worry, I got you. Just hang in there, okay?" "Okay....." said Vertera as she started losing consciousness. "Vertera!" said Knuckles as he ran to her and the black hedgehog. "Relax, she passed out from the pain," said the black hedgehog. "Then come on, Shadow! We gotta take Vertera to Tails' house so she can rest!" said Sonic. "Calm down, Faker. I can teleport us to Tails' house," said the black hedgehog. "Oh right, let's go," said Sonic. "I agree. Let Shadow teleport us to Tails' house so Vertera can rest up," said Knuckles. Sonic and Knuckles held Shadow's shoulders as he said "Chaos Control!" The trio teleported to Tails' house, and Sonic knocked on the door. Tails opened it and was shocked to see Vertera in Shadow's arms.

"What happened to her, Sonic?!" said Tails, panicked. "Shhhh. Tails, calm down. Shadow saved her from Eggman's robot," said Sonic, soothing him. "She passed out from the robot's grip," added Knuckles. Tails let Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles in his house, and Shadow put Vertera on the couch, covering her with a blanket. Amy, Cream, Blaze, Marine, Rouge, and Silver ran towards them.

"Mr. Shadow!" said Cream. "Chao Chao!" said Cheese. "I didn't know you were here, Shadow," said Blaze. "Shadow!" said Rouge as she flew towards him, wrapping her arms around him and kissing him on the lips.

Shadow kissed her back as they let go. "Sonic? What happened to Vertera?" said Amy, hugging Sonic. Sonic told everybody what happened. "Poor mate," said Marine. "Yeah, but luckily Shadow and the boys saved her," said Amy.

"Thank you for saving Vertera, Mr. Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow," said Cream. "Chao Chao Chao!" said Cheese. "No problem," said Sonic. "It's what we do," said Knuckles. "I just have to save her," said Knuckles. "Well, we'll wait for her to wake up," said Tails. "Okay," said everyone as they waited for Vertera to regain consciousness.