Chapter 2

Vertera opens her eyes to find herself lying on the ground, coughing uncontrollably. As she looks around, she sees the beautiful scenery of blue sky, green grass, and cute animals. "Wow, this is so beautiful!" she exclaims. She crawls towards a nearby pond, only to realize that she's no longer a human, but a pink rabbit!

She's taken aback by her transformation but is relieved to see that she's still wearing clothes. "Thank goodness, I got my clothes on," she says. However, her attention is quickly drawn towards a group of animals battling a fat man in his machine. She hides in a nearby tree, watching intently.

As the battle rages on, the fat man taunts, "You and your friends will never defeat me, Hedgehog!" But the blue hedgehog responds confidently, "In your dreams, Egghead!" The yellow fox and the red echidna add, "We will beat you, Eggman! We can beat you once! We can beat you again!"

Despite her fear, Vertera is in awe as she watches the boys defeat the robots. The fat man then summons the big bots, causing Vertera to step away from the battle. Unfortunately, she trips over a rock and yelps loudly. The fat man spots her and grabs her with his claw machine, lifting her.

"Let me go!" she demands, struggling against the fat man's grip. "You'll be my bait," he sneers. Tails immediately cry out, "Sonic! He's got the girl! We've got to save her!" Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails team up to rescue her from the fat man.

Tails and Knuckles engage the robots in combat, while Sonic Spin attacks the fat man's machine, causing him to drop Vertera. She screams in fear, but Sonic quickly catches her and sets her down on the ground. "Are you okay?" he asks. "Yeah, I'm okay," she replies. Sonic picks her up and runs her to safety, telling her to stay put while he joins Tails and Knuckles in battle.

After they defeat the fat man, he flees, vowing to return. "That was too easy!" says Tails. "Yeah, it is!" adds Knuckles. "Piece of cake!" declares Sonic.

Approaching Vertera, Tails asks, "Are you all right?" "Yeah, I'm okay," she responds. Knuckles adds, "Good." Sonic then asks, "Are you new here?" She explains that she was in her world, playing her games when a portal appeared in her room and sucked her into their world. Tails ponders, "Hmmmmm, it seems that your dimension is out of control." Vertera then asks, "Does that mean I can't go back to my world?" with a tinge of worry in her voice. Sonic reassures her, "Me and my friends can help you get back to your world." Overjoyed, Vertera replies, "Thank you." Sonic introduces himself, "I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog," followed by Tails, "I'm Miles 'Tails' Prower, but everyone calls me Tails," and Knuckles, "And I'm Knuckles the Echidna." Vertera introduces herself, "I'm Vertera," with a smile on her face. Sonic then asks, "Do you want to come with us, Vertera?" She responds with a confident nod, "Yes," and they set off on their quest to help her return to her world.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on this chapter? If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment!