ten

Time Jump!

Ivy & India's Graduation Day

The auditorium was crowded with parents, faculty and staff, and professional photographers. Today was graduation day, a day Ivy thought she'd never see. She and India were in the middle of getting dressed when a knock came at their room door.

"Come in!" India called out. The door opened and in walked Amari, looking beautiful as ever while wearing her ceremony gown.

"Goodmorning yall, I just wanted to give you your gifts before we separate. I'm so very proud of yall!" She said sweetly as she handed the girls their blue boxes.

"Tiffany?" Ivy questioned then India squealed

"GIRLLLL, THIS IS CUTEEEEEEE!! This is 18k Gold with a Tiffany Blue enamel finish. It's got to be well over 2k." She exclaimed as she held up the bracelet.

"Oh no, I can't accept this!" Ivy mumbled

"Oh no, I can't accept this!" Ivy mumbled. Amari frowned.

"And why not?" India looked over at her sister with the same question.

"I- 2k? On a bracelet for me? For us? that's too much, that's too expensive. We would've been fine with flowers or something-" India scoffed.

"Girl! When has anyone ever done something THIS nice for you? Why can't you just accept the gift? If it was too much for her, obviously she wouldn't have got it for us! Speak for yourself Ivy, Amari, I absolutely love and accept my gift. She trippin. " India said as she slipped the bracelet on after hugging Amari then grabbed her cap and gown and left the room." Ivy stood quietly with her head down as she stared at the gift.

Amari watched Ivy quietly trying to figure out what was going through her mind. She slowly stepped up to Ivy and lifted her head.

"It's not about the bracelet is it?" Amari question softly. Ivy began to tear up as she pulled away. She walked over to the vanity, sitting the box down and looked at herself in the mirror.

"I just miss my Nana and my brother... I miss who I used to be. I never thought I'd graduate, I miss the relationship me and India had before. It seems like I constantly keep disappointing her and upsetting her. I am such a screw up, I don't deserve this gift. I don't even deserve to be graduating." She cried. Amari wiped a few stray tears from her eyes upon hearing Ivy's confession.