Chapter 3

"Mother, you said Athena would be living here now." Loki said to Frigga. "Where is she? It's been a week since. . .you know."
"Loki, my dear boy." Frigga said gently, conjuring up a rose absently. "You must know, that she has lost her parents. It is going to take some time for her to get over it."
"But isn't it good if there are people to help and support her in this tragic death?" Loki questioned her, trying to conjur a rose as well for practise on his magic.
"My son, why are you so interested about her?" Frigga asked him curiously.
"We. . .spoke for the first time at our last lunch date with the Marywell family." Loki answered her hesitantly. "I was kind of hoping to see her again." Loki absentmindedly conjured up the ice rose she had given him.
"I'm afraid, my dear boy, you have to wait for a long time before you ever speak to her again." Frigga told him gravely, standing up from her chair in the Library, after observing her son's gentleness on the ice rose. She wondered if Athena had given it to him.
"Why a long time?" Loki asked her, standing up as well.
"At the moment she is refusing to speak to anyone, even your father and I."
"How long will I have to wait?" Loki asked her sadly.
"I am afraid, for a while. It's going to be a while before she lets someone in." Frigga said gravely, heading towards the exit. "Don't lose hope though, she is a lovely girl."