Chapter 8: Clover

"NO!"

"Clover sweetheart please...just until I know you're safe again" My dad asked me into his office for a 'chat' which turned into a proposal that makes me want to cry and vomit at the same time.

"Papá,I am not moving in with him, I'm perfectly safe here" I say and watch as my dad cringes at my words, almost as if he doesn't agree.

"I'm sorry baby but I don't agree" Well that's a shocker.

"Why!" I let out an exasperated sigh and run my hand down my face. My dad shifts in his seat when the door to study opens and a shirtless chase walks though the door with a scowl.

"Find a shirt you man whore" I hear my mum shout after him and giggle at their banter as he sticks up his finger behind him and then gets a folded newspaper whacked into his head from my mum who wanders in after him.

"Fucking children" my dad mutters but I'm no longer listening. I take a moment to admire chases tan skin and ridged abs that could probably cut me if I trailed my fingers over them. The tattoos that are littered on him have so much intricate detail that I begin to wonder if any of the art work has any meaning. His silver chain hangs loosely on his neck as he runs a hand over his chest and scrutinizes me.

Suddenly feeling very self conscious i nestle deeper into my seat and feel a rush of heat rush to my face.

"What's all the whining about?" My mum asked and my dad groans at her question.

"I've told clover about Chases change of heart in the living situation and she's not to happy about it" he explains and drags a tatted hand across his stubble. My mum wraps her arms around his shoulders and looks at me with sympathy.

"You know we'd do anything for you tesoró so please believe us when we say, we're only doing what we know is best for you in this current situation" i huff in annoyance and clear my throat.

My uncle Oakley comes strolling in with a nonchalant expression and whistling a hideously out of tune Melody.

"Sup folks!" He greets and stops to look at chase, more likely Chases abs.

"Jesus, what are you on boy? Some serious steroids must in be play because I refuse to believe that after months of dieting and gym workouts I don't look like you do at 22 and I'm in my forties" he says and shakes his head.

"Oakley you've never dieted a day in your life and when you do go to the gym you spend your time swinging on the equipment, sitting on the treadmill and bouncing on the exercise ball" my dad points out and my uncle rolls his eyes and turns to the door.

"My names grey and  i bench a million tones a day because I'm so jacked" he mocks but when my dad pretends to stand up my uncle quickly hightails it out the room whilst shouting something about the diet starting on Monday.

"He's never grown up" my mum sighs and my dad chuckles at her.

"Back to the point in hand" I bring their attention back to our previous discussion and my parents both look to chase who's relaxed face goes to panicked in a matter of mini seconds.

He lets out a groan and looks to me.

"Clover, it's safer at mine so you can either pack your own shit and move in with me for a few months or I can pack it for you and carry you out this house myself" I shudder at the thought of his arms wrapped around me like that but I realise he might be correct.

I don't really have a choice, they were only running it by me for courtesy and it's going to happen whether I want it to or not.

"We'll send you off with candy and hugs" my brother Ace adds in as he saunters in as well but chase lets out a chuckle and scoffs slightly.

"No you fucking won't, I'm not having a sugar high clover in my apartment, it's bad enough when she's sugar high and not in a confined space thousands of feet up in the air" he explains and my brother nods along.

"True" he agrees and I seem to have no other choice but to just admit defeat and look forward to hell.

"Ok I'll stay with chase but only for a few months at most" i stress and everyone lets out a sigh of relief. Of course I caved, I have no idea how to say no, it's a problem.

"Ok but first let me lay down the laws of the land-" Chase scoffs and looks at me funny like I just shoved a rod up his bum.

"It's my apartment, the only laws are mine" he makes clear but I just wave him off and begin.

"I'll use the bathroom to do my skin care and shower and other things from 8am until 9am every morning, I want my own room and I want a spare key" I'm not a king for much but by the way chase throws his head back and sighs you would think I'd just asked him to build the apartment for me.

"Is that all your majesty" my brother mocks.

"No"

"Oh for fucks sake" chase complains and my mum smirks at me.

"Please can you invest in a air fryer and also I do drugs so be prepared for my gang of clients to be at the door at any time" I don't why I want the air fryer, it sounds cool though and I heard you can even make bread in it. The second part was.....well I don't really know what that was.

"You don't sell fucking drugs clover and yeah I'll buy you the fucking air fryer" alright mr f bomb no need to get so sassy with the vocab.

"That's not virtuous language chase" I remind him with a nod of my head but he just looks at my dad and glares.

"You know what wouldn't be virtuous...me-"

"Finish that sentence flea I dare you" my mum says and chase just rolls his eyes and stands up.

"OMG ROOMIE THIS IS GOING TO BE SO....MUCH...FUN!" Chase makes a run for the door but not before I can launch myself at his back and cliff on for dear life.

"Let's get packing!"

<<><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hello my loves! I'm sorry I haven't been updating life's hectic at the moment but I'm trying for you guys.

Until death just got 2.2 million reads and I'm ecstatic, never did I think this would happen at all!

Love you all loads and happy reading! Xxxx