It's Not A Question But A Lesson Learned In Time - Chapter Eleven

After, waiting for half an hour for a train, a forty five minute trip to Waterloo station, and waiting for another fifteen minutes on the Underground to get to Highbury and Islington station, we were finally at the ‘Relentless Garage’ where the gig was tonight. We still had to wait for at least one of the guys to meet us there so they could get us in with them.

“I should probably give you the guy’s numbers. Or Ben’s at least.” Hannah randomly stated after we had waited for a good ten to fifteen minutes. She was rapidly typing a text message to, I’m assuming, the guys,

“I don’t think there would be much point. I’m not switching my cell phone on much at the moment.” I admitted.

“You know you’re going to have to talk to him at some point,” she told me, knowing my reasoning for leaving my cell off.

“I know. I’m just not ready to yet. He’s probably angry at me for leaving.” I shrugged.

“I doubt it. He’s probably worried more than anything else.”

I sighed and looked around, trying to think of something else to say to stop myself focusing on how worried my dad must be right now. I was saved from replying when I saw Joe and Ben walking towards us.

“There they are Hannah.” I pointed them out to her, and our conversation was quickly forgotten.

As they reached us, I then saw Justin and Stoo tagging along a little way behind.

“Jeez guys. What took you so long?!”

The four guys looked at each other, and then three looked at Stoo.

“Stoo couldn’t resist taking a picture of that pub back there.” Joe grinned, pointing back in the direction of the underground station and towards a pub that Hannah and I had walked past called ‘The Famous Cock’ “Then he decided he should include it in the blog, so he had to film it, along with Ben playing Monopoly at the side of the road.”

“Ah yes. Should have known Stoo wouldn’t be able to resist that one! And I’m not even going to ask about the Monopoly game.”

“Shall we head inside?” Stoo managed to smile, even though he was clearly blushing slightly.

We followed the guys round to the back of the Garage where Stoo pressed a buzzer by the door.

After several checks and many repetitive acts to prove who we all were, security finally let us in. we were each given a neon orange wristband so we could easily be told apart from the public later.

 *******************************

“So. Did you have fun tonight?” Joe asked.

“Pardon?” I called over the loud music that was blaring through the speakers, filling the house with noise. My head was pounding for some reason, but I was trying to ignore it.

“Did you have fun tonight?!” He yelled louder this time.

“Oh right. Yeah! It was awesome! You guys were brilliant!”

I saw him laugh and nod to show he had heard me before he took another sip of his beer.

I had yet to drink anything, I hadn’t decided whether I was going to or not.

“Hey Joe! Why aren’t you plastered yet?!” a guy yelled in his ear. “Oh hi!” he called to me when he saw me a second later. “I’m Lee. I’m Justin’s stepbrother.”

“Frankie, I’m just a friend of this lot!” I told him

“Nice to meetcha! You not drinking yet?” I shook my head. “Ah you should! Help yourself to whatever you see!” he insisted before stumbling off again.