Chapter 16- "I can't"

"WILBUR!" Quackity screams as he swiftly catches up to the tall man strolling out of Tubburger. Wilbur whips his head around and grins. "Quackity! How is your little friend doing" Quackity kicks Wilbur in the crotch sending him to his knees. A shocked Wilbur lets out a struggling breath as Quackity swings and slams his fist into Wilbur's nose. Blood trickles onto Wilbur's lip as he stares confused into Quackity's eyes. Q's throbbing fist grabs the front of Wilbur's shirt. "Why the fuck did you do that" Quackity yells. His eyes linger angrily on Wilbur's. "And what was it I did?" Wilbur whispered, playing innocent. "Dont fucking start" Quackity shrieked, side stepping behind Wilbur and drawing his blade to the man's neck. "I want answers, don't think i wont slice your neck because i fucking will" Wilbur laughed. "I don't doubt it" Quackitys leaned down his lips brushing the top of wilburs darkening ears. "Cough it up" Quackity snarled. "God, would you please do this in the bedroom? '' Quackity pushed the blade into WIlbur's neck beckoning the man to talk. "I needed to make the decision for you," Wilbur sighed. "For me?". "You can't just pull me around on a leash until you've made up your mind, You are meant to be mine Quackity. I've known since L'manberg" Wilbur scoffed. "I went away and I realised I need you. I need you to breathe, I need you to live. I can't stay away from you, I hate it. I love the dangerous feeling I get when I'm around you". Quackity was frozen in place. His whole world was falling around him and he did not have enough hands to catch it. Wilbur was never known to talk about his feelings. "I can't," Quackity muttered. 

The wind toyed with Quackity's stray hairs as he dropped the knife and seeked stability from the building behind him. He wanted to kiss Wilbur, tell him that he wanted to be with him, but he couldn't. He no longer carved the toxic hint in their relationship. "I love you, Q" Wilbur whispered, swiping at the blood which was dripping off his chin. "I need you to heal Will" Wilbur shook his head crawling to Quackity who was now lying against the wall. "Please-" Quackity was now tearing up. He rubbed helplessly at his eyes. "Leave, Heal and then one day, Maybe, I will be able to try." Wilbur reached for his hand. "Go and find the good in you I know is there, I can't babysit you while you do so. You know what Schlatt did to me. I can't go through that again." Wilbur lifted himself from the sand and looked down to Quackity, his own eyes filling with sorrow.

"Goodbye Wilbur"

"We will meet again, Quackity"