Mask of My Own Face

TW: scars, sexual innuendo, alcohol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: König 

We woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon and soft humming from downstairs. Ghost was the first to get up, after struggling out of the Captain's grasp, that is. Johnny was clinging to him like a koala, and it made me chuckle. Simon shot me a 'don't you dare tell him' look, before heading downstairs. Johnny, without Ghost to cling to, instead moved to cling to me. That startled me, seeing as him and Ghost had a much closer bond. In fact, I was pretty sure only Johnny and Poltergeist were allowed to touch Ghost. It took a while for him to wake up, meanwhile I laid there, at first tense but eventually relaxing into the comfort of someone else's touch. 

Once Johnny woke up, he looked up at me sleepily. I blushed, thankful for the mask I always wore, as he smirked in a way that made me feel flushed all over. "Mornin' König." was all he said, his voice sounding huskier then normal as he stretched and sat up, itching at his mohawk, which was getting longer. "Guten morgan, Captain." He got up, leaving me on the now-empty bed. "Smells like Poltergeist's cooking, Ghost with em?" I nodded, sitting up myself. "Ich glaube schon, he went downstairs an hour ago." Johnny nodded, waving goodbye before he went downstairs, leaving me to rethink over how that went. How did he manage to fluster me so easily??

Nonetheless, I got up and made my way downstairs. I was a bit surprised to see Ghost and Soap standing off to the side as Poltergeist bustled through the kitchen, a weird tune playing from a small speaker he had supposedly set up. The room smelled like bacon, potatoes, and he was cracking eggs into a large bowl. I looked around the kitchen to see a large casaroll pan with cooked bacon latticed on the bottom. A similar bacon layer was resting to the side, seemingly cooked potatoes layered on top of the bottom layer. We watched Poltergeist rush to the stove, where what smelled like 3 different types of bell pepper and some onions were slow-cooking. "Whatcha makin, Poltergeist?" came Johnny's questioning, somehow managing to startle him as Poltergeist jumped a little. Once he realized it was us, he relaxed again. "Just breakfast pie, why?" 

Johnny chuckled, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a glass and pouring himself orange juice. "Just curious." Poltergeist rolled his eyes, waving a spatula menacingly but teasingly at Johnny. "You'd better not fill up on orange juice, Scot." I laughed a little at Johnny's dramatic offense. "I would never!" Simon looked amused as he watched Poltergeist pour the onions and bell peppers into the pan, spreading them over the potatoes before pouring half the eggs into the pan. I didn't realize I had moved closer till the heat of the oven hit me. I stepped back, flashes of fire flooding my vision for a moment before it was gone, replaced by Johnny's laughter and Simon's chuckling, Poltergeist holding a hand over where his mouth was hiding under Ghost's balaclava. 

It took a moment, before I realized I had slipped on some bell pepper on the floor and fell flat on my ass. I chuckled, looking up at Poltergeist with a bit of confusion as he offered a hand up. There was an amused sort of light in his eyes, and it nearly made me melt at how cute that light looked on him. "Come on big guy, lets get you back on your feet." There was a bit of an accent to his voice, a mix of scottish and australian, brought forward by him trying not to laugh. I blushed a bit, before waving away his outstretched hand. "I'm too heavy for you to pick up, kleiner Geist." I saw the raised eyebrow under the balaclava he wore, before he took my hand and yanked me to my feet like I weighed nothing. A startled noise escaped me as he did, my hands reaching to cling to his shoulder in surprise. A soft laugh escaped him as he saw my shocked expression. "Do I weigh nothing to you?" 

He shrugged. "Like lifting a bag of oranges. Barely anything. Least you're not Soap, I'm honestly a bit worried I'll end up throwing him if I tried to lift him." "Hey, I'm not that much smaller then them!!" came Soap's offended response. I laughed, moving away from the stove and to the doorway, leaning against it. "Ja, aber du bist die Kleinere. Other then Poltergeist, that is." Ghost chuckled, while Poltergeist shot a look that said, 'don't push your luck' at me. Soap lightly punched my shoulder with a chuckle. "Don't push your luck König , our little Spirit might pin your ass for comments on his height." A second later, Soap was pinned on his chest with Poltergeist's thighs holding his body down, hand firmly in his hair. Ghost chuckled. I tried not to think of how quickly Poltergeist had moved into that position, but laughed nonetheless at Soap's face. "Try to follow your own advice Scot." came Poltergeist's amused response. Soap struggled, before tapping Poltergeist's thigh three times, as if they were dueling for fun and he was tapping out.