Cabin In The Past

TW: cursing, alcohol, mentions of blood, whippings, torture, and murder, family killing, explosions, sickness (fever).

Author's Note: I didn't mean for the chapter to be this long, but it has a lot of juicy backstory, so feast well >:]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: Ghost

After Poltergeist had finished showering - he wore the turtleneck and shorts with his masks, the teasing bastard - we all worked on agreeing to the sleeping arrangements. After some debate, we all finally agreed that me and Johnny would take the bed upstairs, while Poltergeist slept on the loveseat, and König would take the couch. "How are you not freezing, Poltergeist?" König was asking, seeing as he'd never seen Poltergeist in action in the cold before. "I have a high tolerance to the cold, big guy." It irked me a little, how he had nicknamed König. Soap was Scot to Poltergeist, König was Big Guy, but me? He hadn't nicknamed me yet. And it was honestly bugging me more then it should. 

We all took a bit to take stock of the food situation, finding it surprisingly stocked, alongside a bottle each of kentucky, 90-proof vodka, a dark German lager, and a bottle of scotch. After taking inventory, I honestly was a bit shocked. There was plenty of food, but the alcohol.. it seemed like whoever had stocked the cabin had known exactly who would be here and their favorite alcohols. We had all decided to have a cup each of our pick of alcohol. I grabbed the kentucky, Johnny had grabbed the scotch, and König had grabbed the lager. Not surprising picks, but that left the vodka to a certain always masked Poltergeist. Johnny had picked everyone's mugs, thinking himself funny when he handed me a Halloween-themed mug with ghosts and the word "BOO!!" on it. He handed König a Christmas one, and kept a Thanksgiving one for himself. Poltergeist wouldn't let him pick his cup, as he preferred glass. 

So now we're here, me, König, and Johnny sharing the couch while Poltergeist sits comfortably in his chair. "So Poltergeist, let me get this straight as I can, you've never dated anyone?" Johnny was already halfway through a second cup of scotch, after his first we had decided 3 was the limit. "Nope, never. Though from my understanding, a rumor me and my brother Flame were dating has been circling." Poltergeist hadn't touched his vodka yet, but he had taken off the gas mask over his balaclava after some teasing from Johnny, leaving the plain black cloth and smooth skull the only thing covering his face. König took another drink of his lager, halfway through his cup. He seemed a bit tipsy already, seeing as he was switching from German to English and back again randomly. "Wirklich schade, you're very hot. Ich hätte an dich gedacht being asked out all the time." 

I chuckled as I saw a small flustered look creep into Poltergeist's eyes. "Well, most people find me too scary to ask out, big guy. Others straight up avoid me due to my record in the SAS." I tilted my head, "And just what is your history?" I was into my second cup, but had drunken slower then Johnny, who was pouring his third. "Oh, the usual. Pretty similar record to yours, actually Ghost. Lots of blood, most avoid people like me." Poltergeist shrugged. "Some have called me a Wolf." Johnny chuckled at that. "So, just how many nicknames do you have?" Poltergeist tilted his head, before using his fingers to count as he labeled them off. "The Beast, the Poltergeist, the Wolf, the Project, Champion of the Gauntlet, and The Black Death. So, 6." 

I tilted my head. "That's quite a few nicknames." Johnny laughed, lightly punching me in the arm. "More then you, Mr.Four Nicknames." Now Poltergeist leaned in, focused on me. "What are yours?" I leaned back, "The Ghost, the Butcher, the Reaper's Scythe, and just The Reaper." König giggled, leaning back on the couch. He had Knight in his hands. "Mir wurde gerade klar, warum are the rat names similar to ours?" Poltergeist tilted his head, "I never thought about it, but I guess you're right." "Hey Ghost, bet I can beat you in an arm wrestle." I smirked at Johnny, "Alright, you're on."