I'm sorry. (Tyler Galpin X Reader) [2/2]

[SPOILERS AHEAD! If anybody hasn't yet watched episode 7 onwards, please click away from this one-shot. I hate spoiling things for people, it's unfair. Happy reading! :) ]

I paced around the floor of the police station, half worried about both Wednesday and Tyler, half mused by the sound of my own feet against the black and white tiles.

"Hey," Sheriff Galpin stepped one foot out from his office, "let's talk."

His office smelled of cigarettes and coffee, an odd combination that somehow worked.
Somehow calmed the senses.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking up at me from his leather office chair.

His hands were clasped together, elbows against the wooden desk.

I nodded slowly.
"Is Wednesday?"

"This isn't about Wednesday." He replied gruffly.
"Were you hurt?"

"Sir, I'm fine," I sighed softly, "I want to know that my friends are too."

Sheriff Galpin's eyes flitted over his office walls.
"No charges have been held against Addams, if that's what you wanna hear. She helped us catch the Hyde, after all."

"Sir you don't understand," I said frantically, "you've got the wrong guy! It's-"

"Y/N?"
Wednesday's head poked through the door, heavy bangs veiling her eyes.
"Are you ready to go?"

I pursed my lips.

"Thank you for your time, Officer."

"Anything for a friend." He responded with a nod.

I followed Wednesday outside the office, taking her wrist as she neared the door.
"Please tell me there's a plan. We're not just gonna let them keep Xavier?"

In the distance, Tyler appeared around a corner.

"There's our plan." Wednesday whispered. Her eyes were fixed wide on Tyler. "You distract the Hyde, I'll see what I can do about Xavier."

I nodded, and watched Wednesday disappear down the hallway.
Her pace subtly quickened as she moved past Tyler.

"Hey, Y/N," Tyler ran a hand through his hair, breathing heavily, "how're you-"

"Not another step."
I stumbled back. My hand wandered the air for the door handle.

Tyler stopped abruptly a few feet from me.

"What?... Sweetheart, it's me. C'mon, you don't seriously believe-"

"Did you regret it??" I asked, furrowing my brow, "Did you have any empathy for your victims?"

The look in his eyes fell somewhere between betrayed, confused and hurt.

"I know what you are, Tyler. Your loverboy act won't fool me."

He scrunched his face slightly, and then proceeded to stride toward me, taking me by surprise.

"No no no, what're you doi-"

He grabbed my waist, pulling me in toward his body, forcing his arms around me in a hug.
"Poor Y/N."

One of his hands quickly slid into my hair, caressing it and twirling it about his fingers, the other rubbed my back.

I tried to pull away without drawing any attention to us, but he wouldn't budge at all.
It was probably the first time around Tyler I'd felt completely and helplessly weak.

"You don't know what's going on. You're just following the lead of those around you. You don't really believe all that stuff about me."

"Yes I do, Tyler," my voice wavered, "let me go."