We're Over. - (Xavier Thorpe X Reader) [2/?]

Xavier's POV

I sit with my head in my hands, staring holes into the floorboards.

Stray pieces of glass, torn book pages and shattered picture frames lie strewn over the wooden planks.

Why the Hell did I do that?

"Xavier."
My eyes lock with Ajax as he pushes the door shut.
"What just happened, man? Talk."

"I fucked up," I mutter, "that's what."

"Yeah, big time." He huffs.

I rock back against the mattress, running my hand through my hair.
"What do I do, Jax?"

He flashes me a worried look, and says, "I don't know. I don't know the first thing about girls!"

My head falls back into my hands, chest falling as a deep sigh escapes my mouth.

"Wait," he says, "girls!"

I cock a brow in his direction.

"Mackenzie!!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Less than ten minutes later, I stand outside Mackenzie's dorm looking more than sorry for myself.

She opens it with a drowsy expression, her hair messily pulled back.
Her mascara has smudged under her eyes like dark bags.

"It's nine PM." She mumbles, rocking her body against the partially-open door.

I nod, "Yeah, I know. Look, Kenz, I really need your help."

She raises an eyebrow and blinks slowly.
"What've you gone and done this time?" She asks.

I bite my bottom lip awkwardly.
"I lashed out at Y/N. I really hurt her, and I don't know what to do to fix it."

She glared at me with half-lidded eyes, purses her thin lips, and then pulls the door open wide.
"You're so lucky I tolerate you."

She sits me down on her bed, plonking herself down next to me. "So what did you do?"

"I, uhm... help me out first."

"Well I don't know how serious it is, do I!" She protests.

I inhale deeply.
"I physically hurt her. Okay? I shouldn't have, and I know I shouldn't have, and I regret it more than anything right now, but I did it!"

She stares at me blankly for a moment, then her expression grows cold.
"Woah. Didn't know you had that in you."

I shake my head furiously, "Neither did I! It.. it's almost like it wasn't me! I just got so pissed off that she wouldn't believe me."

"Believe you?"
Mackenzie tilts her head.

I furrow my brow, tucking a knee to my chest.
"Wednesday has managed to convince Y/N that I'm the monster she's after. Y'know, the uhh..."

"The Hyde?"

My face shrivels at the mention of its name, and I nod, "Yeah, that."

Mackenzie's eyes flit over me, she blinks once, then again, and then giggles to herself.
"You? The Hyde? Okay, and I'm the Queen of England."

"Oh, come on." I scoff.

"Would you rather I believed her too?" She smirks.

I hesitate, my eyes wandering her room.
"No."

"Exactly," she stands up, reaching across me to get her phone, "now the first thing we're gonna do is go over what you'll say when you next see her."

"You can tell me what to say?" I grin slightly.