We're over. - (Xavier Thorpe X Reader)

"Look, all I'm saying is talk to him." Wednesday strides alongside me, our feet clicking rhythmically against the corridor. "He trusts you most out of all of us."

We near the large wooden doors of his dorm wing, where I'd previously promised to help him study for an upcoming test.

"Okay," I reply, "are you sure about this?"

"Ajax and I will be right outside the door in case anything happens," she says confidently, "you have nothing to worry about."

"And I trust you, obviously, but..." I trail off mid-sentence.

"But you think I might be wrong?"

I nod slowly.

"Y/N, 'wrong' isn't a word I'm familiar with." I hear the smirk that plays at her lips for a second.

"Fine, alright. Wait here." We come to a stop in front of Xavier's dorm.

Wednesday nods, and says, "Good luck."

The door to Xavier's room squeals against rusted hinges as it falls open.

"Y/N, hey." he looks up from his bed, grinning.

The mattress makes an uncomfortable creaking sound as Xavier rises to his feet, and paces toward me.

"Uhm, hi." I say awkwardly, shuffling back as he opens his arms to hug me.

He immediately pauses, cocking an eyebrow.
"Everything alright?"

"Err... we need to talk." I nervously force the words out.

"Okay?" His arms fall to his sides. "What about?"

"Your paintings," I decide to start off with, "they're lovely — don't get me wrong — but what are.. what're they based on, exactly?"

Dozens of images of a wide-eyed beast with claws and fangs that I'd found with Wednesday days earlier flash across my mind.

Xavier takes a seat on his bed, patting the space beside him for me to join.

"My paintings?" He repeats, confusion overtaking his features.
"They're based on the dreams I have," he tells me, "about that monster. I've told you all of this before. What's going on?"

"And the dreams are... that vivid?" I ask, a clear uncertainty running in my tone.

He nods, "Yes, they're always the same. Something roars, someone dies, I get this image of a big freakish monster, and then I wake up here."

"Right. But how do you have such a clear image of the monster? Have you — I dunno, — seen it before?"

His face falls abruptly.

"No, I haven't." He answers sternly.

"Then how do-"

"You think I'm the monster, don't you?" He mutters.

His eyes lock with mine, and we fall into an uncomfortable silence.

"I, uhm... well-"

"What has she told you?" Xavier's back stiffens, "What has Wednesday told you?"

I laugh uneasily. "This has nothing to do with Wednesday."

"This has everything to do with Wednesday!" I shiver as he raises his voice. "Ever since you and her became friends she's been feeding you these stupid ideas and controlling how you think!"

"Woah," I scrunch my nose, watching him stand, "I'm not that easily influenced."

"Are you kidding? You can't have an opinion without her approval these days!"