15.

I feel him waking up next to me. 

He turns around and is now facing me, eyes half open. 

"How did you sleep?" I ask him, laying my hand on his cheek. 

"I slept okay, I think I really needed it." He answers, laying his hand on mine. 

"I'm so sorry for what happened yesterday. It's my fault. I should have made sure that she wouldn't have had the chance to get alone with you." I tell him, guilt taking over my body. 

"Listen to me, Sel. You didn't do anything wrong. You couldn't have known she was going to do that." He says, his expression going sad. 

"I could've. She did this before." I tell him. 

I see how his eyes get dark, and a betrayed expression creeps on his face.

"What do you mean?" He asks me, pulling his hand away from mine. 

"She did this before, back in France. I had a boyfriend, Charles. We were a good couple, and everyone loved us. He treated me well and respected me. He had become a part of our family, but on our 1,5 year anniversary, my aunt told me that he cheated on me with my niece, Gisèle. She found texts on Gisèle's phone from him. It had been going on for months." I explain to him. 

He stays quiet, like he was trying to process what I just told him. 

"I'm sorry." He eventually says. 

He gets out of bed and begins to dress himself. 

Without a word, he leaves the room, leaving me alone in bed, confused about why he left.

~~

Pablo's pov.

Why would she hide this from me?

She knew that this could happen.

I feel myself getting sick and grab to my stomach.

Does she have any idea what could've happend if she didn't get there in time?

I hear her walking down the stairs, calling my name.

"What's wrong?" She has the nerve to ask me that.

She lays her hand on my shoulder, but I shake her hand away.

"I can't believe you." I say with the most disappointed voice.

"Do you have any idea what could have happend if you didn't get there in time?" Without realising I raise my voice at her, but I don't care. 

She deserves it.

"Do you have any idea what I go through every day? With those fangirls? It scares the shit out of me." I yell at her.

She takes a step towards me, but I walk the other way.

"Do you even know how scary it is when a girl pushes herself on you? Do you have any idea?" I lay my head in my hands, feeling that scary feeling coming up again.

Selena lays her hand on me and starts to comfort me, but I duck out of her touch.

"Don't touch me." I tell her as I walk upstairs.

I take all my things from her bedroom and put on my shoes.

"Where are you going?" Selena asks me, keeping me from getting to the door.

"Away from you. I need to think." I coldly say as I push myself past her.

I open the door and slam it behind me.

I get into my car and start it, driving away from her house.

I decided to call Pedri, but his line is busy.

I throw my phone on the passenger seat and keep driving.

I need to clear out my head.

~~

Pedri's pov.

"He just drove away without saying anything. I don't know what to do." I hear her sob.

"I'm sure that he will be fine." I tell her, trying to comfort her.

"Please, if you hear anything from him let me know." She asks me.

I hear how the doorbell rings and walk into the hall.

When I open the door, it reveals a soaked Gavi.

"He's here." I tell Selena as Pablo brushes passed me.

"Thank god." She sighs.

"I'll try to talk to him, and I'll let you know how it goes." I tell her and hang up.

"Who were you talking to?" Pablo asks me, his arms crossed.

I can tell by his body language that he isn't happy.

"Selena." I tell him.

His eyes get dark, and he looks at me with disbelief.

"So you're to busy to pick up the phone for me, but not for her?" He asks me, he walks towards the hall and opens the door. 

"Good to know what kind of friend you are." He says and slams the door behind him.

Shit..

-_-_-_-_-_

trouble in paradise

Happy New Year, my loves! I hope 2023 treats you all the best with lots of new opportunities, love, and new fun memories. Love u all sm🫶🏻