LCO | Ch. 7: Sparks of Desire, and Jealousy

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Couples of Class 1-A has a new book cover! You can view the illustration by looking at the first chapter of Love-Coach Ochako and scrolling down. If you like the illustration, comment, and check out my Instagram @Christarmewn! There's even more Todomomo stuff you might not've seen before 👀

-     -     -

-Present; the following Tuesday morning-

Crap, I woke up too late. She's probably already gone by now.

Sighing, Todoroki pulled on his blazer, and slung his bag over his shoulder like usual. Technically, he wasn't that late. In fact, if he left now, he'd make it to class easily on-time, but it wasn't punctuality that mattered to him. It was the fact that he'd missed his chance to walk to school with Yaoyorozu.

Aware that he was no longer in any sort of hurry, Todoroki shuffled out the door at his regular, unhurried pace. Without the pressure of meeting Yaoyorozu, he hadn't even bothered to properly comb his hair. After all, if she wasn't going to be there, why bother?

That was his thought process, anyway.

He hadn't anticipated to immediately spot her when the elevator doors opened.

Shocked and unprepared, he kept his face as straight as he could as he approached her by the front doors. It didn't take her particularly long to notice him either, and about a yard away, she looked up and gave him a warm smile.

"Good morning, Todoroki. Sleep well?" she chimed.

"I slept okay," he replied simply, I didn't have any nightmares, so that's good at least.

"Well that's good. You always seem a bit sleepy during the daytime, so I'm glad you were able to rest." she glanced at his hair, "It must've been a pretty good sleep too. You look like you just woke up."

He stiffened slightly, "Oh."

Embarrassed, Todoroki combed a finger through his lopsided hair strands, blindly re-separating his typical part. As he did this, he caught her smiling at him, so he decided to change the subject.

"So what were you waiting around here for? Normally you leave for class pretty early, don't you?"

"I suppose I do." she chuckled, fiddling with her fingers, "I'm honestly not... particularly sure what I'm still doing here."

His hands stopped moving. He hadn't expected this kind of a response.

"What do you mean?"

She glanced to the side, "Well..." she hesitated, "I suppose I was technically waiting for someone, but that doesn't matter now." she straightened her posture somewhat, "Since you're here, why don't we walk together again?"

"...Sure." he eyed her somewhat skeptically, She was waiting for someone. Could it have been me...? That can't be right...

Eventually, the two moved towards the exit and pulled open the front doors. To their surprise, they were greeted by a cold drizzle outside, which showed little sign of stopping. They both made a sour expression.

"It's raining." Todoroki muttered quietly.

"Indeed..."

They stared distastefully at the weather for a moment, before another voice popped up behind them.

"Gah! It's raining!?" the voice whined, "Frick, I hate the rain—it always whacks up my quirk for the whole day."

"Hm, sucks to be you I guess."