LCO | Ch. 31: Midoriya's 'Group Date'

Author's Note: Idk why putting quotation marks in the title is causing an error, where it just says: " instead of just:  "  . So put up with these apostrophes for now. :')

-     -     -

It was only an hour before the time Midoriya had asked to meet at the mall. Uraraka, Todoroki, and Asui were seated around the common area on the couches, waiting and dreading for the time to pass by until they had to leave.

"This is the absolute worst."

Todoroki didn't reply from the other couch. He was lying on his back watching YouTube at the moment, with his leg now wrapped in a new cast—one which would permit him to walk alongside everyone else without crutches.

"Todoroki, you're not gonna—"

"Shoto." he corrected her.

She leered at him, "Shoto, you're not gonna say anything?"

Uraraka heard the sound clip of his video change, probably because he'd swiped to another video. "I don't have anything to add."

"We're about to go to a group date together where we'll have to act fake in front of our friends all day, and you have nothing to add?"

This time, he looked over his phone at her with the slightest squint in his eyes, "I don't like it either, but there's no turning back now. I think you're wasting energy being so stressed."

"You talk about that as if it's a choice!" she pouted back.

He hummed interestingly at that, before going back to browsing his phone, "Isn't it?"

"You suck!"

"Ochako." Asui suddenly chastised, but she just crossed her arms in response.

"I just wish he would at least pretend to care about today. It's like he's not worried at all over there..."

Asui shrugged, "People deal with stress in different ways. Todoroki's always been rather calm and collected during situations like this—should you really be surprised, kero?"

"Yeah, but..." she hung her head slightly, "Here I am, so scared I feel like I'm gonna throw up, and Shoto's just—well, Shoto."

"Don't worry about him," she continued soothingly, "Just focus on what you're going to do today, and stick to it. If you have a plan, you'll do just fine, kero."

Uraraka let out a deep sigh and faceplanted onto the other couch. "Will I really?"

She felt her friend pat her back a few times out of sympathy, and about cried.

"Tsuyuuu, can you pleeease come with me?" Uraraka moped, "I don't want to be alone..."

"You won't be, you'll have Todoroki with you."

"We've already talked about why that won't help!"

Todoroki swiped up again on his phone, "I'm sitting right here, guys."

They both temporarily ignored him.

"If I go, you're gonna spend all your time with me, kero." Asui continued, "Take some responsibility and go with him. You might even have fun."

"But..."

She paused for a moment or two to look at Todoroki again, only to feel more unenthusiastic when she did. Her head sunk glumly between her knees, and she shook her head.

"Pleeease, just this once?"

Asui rolled her eyes, unamused.

"If you hate the idea of being with me so much Ocha, then bring Asui. I don't care."