⚡️ Chapter Five ⚡️

After searching the two for about a minute, Jean and I finally find the IDs. The woman's name is Hitch Dreyse. She's really pretty and has a pretty name too, but that's not the point here.

"Here." Jean holds his hand out in front of me, as we walk over to Captain Levi. "I'll give them to him."

I quietly put the ID in his hand once we reach the captain's side.

Then, Jean holds the IDs out in front of Captain Levi. "Captain."

Levi quickly takes the IDs from Jean's hand and stands up. "Now then..." He walks towards the MPs. "You're apart of Stohess District Military Police. Private Marlo Freudenburg and assigned with the same task, Private Hitch Dreyse..." He stands behind them. "We'll need to dispose of both of you."

This, of course, makes both of them gasp. I don't blame them. I mean, I would too if I were in their position.

The woman, Hitch, squirms around a little bit. "Because of what you did, Stohess was a graveyard! Over a hundred people were killed!"

"Huh?" Levi hums questionably. Is she talking about the time Eren fought Annie in Stohess?

She continues. "You bastards! I bet you think you're some kind of heroes of justice, but you're not! You dropped dozens of innocent families straight into hell on that mission of yours!"

"Yeah. We did." Levi admits.

She growls softly then looks at Jean. "Hey you! You're from the southern Cadet Corps, right? So, you trained with Annie Leonhart. Were you a friend of hers?" He just looks at her.

"Actually, we were all in the Cadet Corps with her." I correct.

She clicks her tongue and looks down. "Whatever. It doesn't even matter anyway. I know she didn't make friends there either. She's way too loony and unapproachable for that. She was just afraid of people, like a scared little kid. Now I'll never get the chance to learn anything about her. She's officially listed as missing. Do you want to know why?"

She abruptly turns toward Levi. "It's because one of your Titans turned her into a ugly, red stain on the street!"

"Actually..." Levi starts. "It's because the Titan we captured was Annie Leonhart herself." This makes both of them gasp. So, they were obviously unaware that she was a Titan shifter.

"God damn it..." Levi curses. "It makes me sick. No one knows a thing about this world. Not us or anyone else, except for the bastards at the center of it all."

He drops his blade, looking down at Hitch. "We're letting you go, but we need to get ourselves a head-start on you."

They just stare blankly at the the ground, while Hitch mutters Annie's name under her breath.

"Hey! Captain Levi!" Marlo exclaims, looking at him. "Please let me join in your cause! I believe that the Military Police are in the wrong here. If there's any way I can help fight this world's injustice, then that's what I want to do!"

Can you even do that? Change which regiment you want to be in when you've already chosen one? Can you actually do that? I don't plan on going over to the Garrison any time soon, but still. I'd like to know if that's actually possible.

"Easy. Calm down." Levi warns.

"I swear I won't let you down, sir!" Marlo continues.

"No. I have no way of telling if you have enough resolve to make an enemy of the state." Levi replies, putting his blade away. "Let's go."

He, along with Mikasa and Armin walk toward Jean and I. "Take them deeper into the woods and tie them them up, Sasha."

"Sir!" She exclaims and comes from her guarding spot to take Marlo and Hitch away.