Chapter 14

—1 month later/Bucky's POV—

By the 5th interview of the week, I'm already sick of it. I hate the constant questions about the winter soldier era of my life. I try so hard to just put it behind me and these people just won't let it go.
"Alright folks, we have a video call from someone who has something important she wants to say to the world. Coming straight from Los Angeles, California... Daniella Ackles!" The host said as Sam, Steve, and myself are sitting on a couch for another night show. Her name tearing me away from my own thoughts. I turned to the big screen behind us and smiled as her face popped up. Her hair pulled up into a messy bun and she's wearing one of my jackets.
"Hey, yeah. Just call me Dani. Look, all of you are completely fucking pathetic. The point of interviewing these men is to get to know them better as they are now. NOT to bring up shit that you all should know haunts them every single night when they go to sleep. Every single waking moment as well. You really think Bucky wants to be questioned every single day about what happened as winter soldier?? No! He fucking doesn't! It's not something you yourselves would want to talk about if it were you in his shoes. Why not ask him things like how he's doing now, what it's like to live in the compound, what it was like being in Wakanda, shit like that. You all should be so ashamed of yourselves for making him think about that shit every time you bring up one of those stupid questions. He's been through enough. Bucky, my love, I see you sitting there and I want to ask you a question of my own.." There was a moment of silence after her speech which left me in a fit of smiles at the sight of her defending me.
"First of all, thank you for that. It's nice to know you've got my back. Second, you look absolutely stunning and I can't wait for you to be home, I miss you so much. Now, what is your question?" I responded, watching the screen and not ever taking my eyes off of it so long as she's on it.
"As the newest member on the Avengers team and living in the compound, what is the first thing you do in the morning?" She asked, although she already knows what it is.
"Great question from Ms. Ackles! What's your answer, Mr. Barnes?" The host asks, acting as if he hadn't just asked me a question about the winter soldier before announcing her call.
"Well, before you left to try out this music experience, I would wake up and go straight to the training room with you. We would train together for at least 2 hours before stopping for a break. But since you've been gone, I've been doing that on my own. And let me tell you, it's just not the same without my partner." I answered, smiling up at the screen to her.
"I do have a little something for you to see. I sent the link to the host to show you when I hang up. And I actually should do that now since Nat is biting at the bit to get to this next shoot I have. But! Once this is all done, I'll be heading home. So with that being said, I'll call you later my love." She said and hung up on the call, leaving me smiling like an idiot.
"She wasn't wrong, I do have a video link here to show you all. Please enjoy the very first music video of Ms. Ackles song Come And Get It!" The host announced and a video took place of where Dani's face had been.
After a few moments of the video playing, I could feel my face turning bright red.
"You good, man?" Sam asked from beside me, nudging my shoulder.
"Yep. All good here." I said, trying to contain myself. I crossed my legs in hopes of no one noticing just how much I am trying to contain myself.
"Dude, you're blushing!" Steve almost yelled and started to laugh.
"Gotta admit though, she is quite the looker. Sorry to all the men out there starting to take interest cause it seems she is already taken by Mr. Barnes here. How did that happen? Matter of fact, how did the Avengers become so close with her for her to come on here and publicly defend Mr. Barnes?" The host asked once the video ended.
"Well, Clint , or as a lot of you know him, Hawkeye, became great friends with her a couple years ago. You all know he sings too and does shows around town. After meeting her and finding out that she can sing too, he started to bring her to his shows. After awhile of him keeping her secret from us all, he finally decided to bring her over to do a little show with him for us all at the compound." Steve said, lying about how we all met her. I'll have ti thank him for that later.
"After awhile we ended up inviting her to live there. She didn't have the best living situation before and we wanted to provide her with something nicer. She became a part of our little family very quickly. Her and Clint are basically brother and sister. They treat each other like it. But it was her and Bucky that became closest rather quick. It was nice to have her around, she brought Buck here out of his shell. After all he's been through, he of all people deserves the happiness that she provides to him. We're all very supportive and happy for both of them." Steve added as he smiled.
"We just can't wait for her to come home. We've all missed her dearly. Don't get me wrong though, what she's out doing right now, experiencing something she's passionate about, we all support her in it." Sam said as my body finally settled and j was able to relax back in my seat.
"Mr. Barnes, do you have anything special planned for Ms. Ackles's return?" The host asked eagerly.
"No, not at the moment. But I still have a bit of time to figure something out." I answered.

We answered a few more questions before the show ended and we were finally able to leave. I myself couldn't get out of there faster.