five

---

"kookie! Wakie wakie baby! It's your birthday honey." Haneul said, shaking jungkook lightly. Who opened his eyes at the mention of his birthday.

"Kookie's birthday?" Jungkook asked, staring up at his mom and dad with big doe eyes while being wrapped in a blanket.

"Yes, baby, it's kookie's birthday." His mom said with a smile.

Jungkook quickly stood up on his bed and started jumping while saying, "it's kookie day!" On repeat.

"Kookie!" Jungkook stopped jumping when he heard a familiar voice call for him.

"I guess tae is here." Jungkook's mom said and smile.

Jungkook smiled brightly when he saw his taetae hyungie come running in his room.

"Slow down, tae. You'll fall sweetheart." Jungkook's mom scolded him softly to which Taehyung giggled and said an overly energetic sorry.

"Taetae hyungie!" Jungkook called and Taehyung turned towards him again.

"It's kookie day!!" Jungkook said, grinning while Taehyung climbed up the bed and started jumping with Jungkook while holding hands.

"Happy birthday baby!" Taehyung said while Jungkook giggled and said a thank you in return.

The elders left the room and let the kids be when Taehyung's mom called for them, from downstairs.

"Kookie is 5 today hyungie!" Jungkook said and giggled.

"I know." Taehyung said with a smile, "my kookie is a big boy now."

Jungkook, however, became sad at the news, "big boy..?"

"Yes! Big boy!"

"But k-kookie wants to be hyungie's baby." Jungkook said, looking at Taehyung with sad eyes, "how can I be hyungie's baby if I'm a big boy?"

Taehyung stopped grinning, his own expression turning sad because jungkook was sad. He thought for a minute, sitting on the bed while pulling jungkook along with him to sit down.

"You can just be my baby then! You don't have to be a big boy!" Taehyung said with a proud grin. Jungkook giggled happily at that and hugged Taehyung, "okay."

--

"So where do we go first?" Jin asked the other boy's, while staring at the different stalls and rides the fair had.

"Bumper cars?" Yugyeom suggested.

Earlier when Taehyung was waiting for Jungkook to get ready, the later told him his new friend would be joining them too. The guy was free and all alone on a weekend, as said by Jungkook, so he invited him too.

"Great! Let's go!"

And so they went to ride the bumper cars.

Taehyung saw Jungkook and Yugyeom talking among themselves and giggling, while all of them were waiting for their turn in the bumper cars.

that used to be me. Taehyung thought and pouted his lips but then shook his head, stop being dramatic tae, he thought and turned around.

"Taehyungie hyungie!"

Taehyung heard jungkook call for him. He turned around so fast he was about to trip.

Jungkook walked up to taehyung with Yugyeom by his side.

"Hyung, me and you are riding together like usual right?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah? I mean we can change the sitting arrangement if you want to ride with your friend. I can go with hobi hyu-"

"No! It's fine. Yugyeom can sit with hobi hyung, right?" Jungkook turned to look at Yugyeom who nodded his head, "yup. It's fine."

All of them got in their bumper cars as it was their turn and needless to say all of them had a blast in there.

--

"Which one do you want?" Taehyung asked

"Ironman!" Jungkook replied with a toothy grin.

They were currently at the claw machine and taehyung is trying to win jungkook a toy.

"Okay, here we go.." taehyung said while trying to grab the plushie. Both of them concentrating on it as if it's their school's math homework.

"Yes!!!" Jungkook and taehyung both screamed when they were successful in getting the plushie. They both hugged eachother while giggling.

"We did it!" Taehyung said and both of them started giggling again.

Meanwhile a certain someone was leaning his head against the claw machine.

"It's fine." Hoseok tried comforting the sulking boy, while trying to control himself from laughing.

"Yeah. It's just not your day, namjoon." Jin said, nodding and patting his back. "How are you so bad at it, though." Jin said and this time they couldn't stop their laughter.

"Yeah, laugh at my misery, you guy's." Namjoon sulked but that only made the others laugh more, by now all of them were there together.

"This won't do." Namjoon said, standing up straight. "I'll have to win this today." He said with determination.

--

"Why can't I just win this shit" namjoon said with a fake cry.

"At the rate, i feel like you're gonna be here the whole day." Yoongi said.

"Yeah. Let's go, I'm hungry." Hoseok said.

"One last time! Please!" Namjoon said and put the coins in the machine again.

"This is the last time. No more." Jin said to which namjoon nodded and started playing.

He successfully grabbed the plushie and started moving it, now all of their attention is on the toy. All of their faces were serious as hell. Namjoon started smiling as he almost got it to but then it fell.

And so did Namjoon's smile.

All of the boy's sighed, while namjoon went back to his depressed position, leaning his head against the machine.

"Let's go have some food."

"It's fine namjoon, next time yeah?"

"Let's go joon-ah."

And they dragged the sulking namjoon towards the food stalls.

--

"Reach home safely!"

"Bye bye!"

Taehyung and jungkook both said goodbye to the others after Jin dropped them infront of their house.

They turned towards eachother and smiled. Taehyung ruffled Jungkook's hair and said, "take rest, koo and sleep early tonight. "

Jungkook nodded, "are you not coming in?"

"Not today" taehyung said and smiled, "both of us are tired. We will meet tomorrow morning, yeah?" Jungkook hummed.

Taehyung softly pecked Jungkook's forehead and like always a crimson hue spread over Jungkook's cheeks. Taehyung chuckled at that.

"Good night, baby."

"Good night, hyung." Jungkook said and kissed Taehyung's cheeks and smiled before walking towards his house.

He turned around after entering his house and saw taehyung still standing there. He waved at the older and taehyung waved back and jungkook closed the door.

Taehyung smiled and walked to his house too.

---

Thanks for reading, beautiful reader!
-

아라 ♡︎