fifteen

Taehyung sighed, "sorry." He said a little regretfully, "Please let me explain first."

Jungkook nodded timidly.

Taehyung was walking out with the other boys when he heard Eun-ji call for him.

He stopped and turned around and looked at the girl who was walking up to them with shy smile and a friend beside her.

"Yes?" He asked with a small smile.

"Can I talk to you, like, um, privately? Maybe? If you don't mind.." Eun-ji said, giving a brief glance to the test of the boy's.

"Oh, sure." Taehyung said, "you guy's can go ahead." He said turning to the other's. They nodded telling them bye.

Taehyung followed Eun-ji to the hallway, which was still filled with students. They entered an empty classroom.

"what's it?" Taehyung asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Um, well, I wanted to say this to you for a while now but I was waiting for the right time but uh-"

Taehyung chuckled."Just say it, e-''

"I like you." Eun-ji confessed as fast as she could leaving Taehyung stunned.

"Like me?" Taehyung asked, confused, he never thought the other likes him.

"Yeah. I've had feelings for you for a while. I thought I made it clear by dropping hints, but you never really got it." Eun-ji said with an awkward chuckle.

"I'm sorry eun but I love someone else." Taehyung said. He felt bad rejecting her but he didn't want to give her false hope— not when he knew he can never stop loving Jungkook.

"O-oh" Eun-ji said, her eyes going wide at the confession. "Oh- i- I'm sorry I didn't-" he stuttered, her cheeks red in embarrassment.

"It's fine, eun. You didn't know." Taehyung said softly, "I'm so sorry."

Eun-ji shook her head, "it's fine. You don't have to be sorry, um- is it someone from school?"

"Yeah. It's- uh" Taehyung didn't know if he should say Jungkook's name.

"You don't have to say if you don't want to." Eun-ji said ,seeing the hesitation.

"Yeah. Sorry. I just don't know if the person feels the same way so, y'know?"

Eun-ji nodded. Both of them stayed there for a few seconds and then looked at eachother and smiled a little.

"Let's go." Taehyung said and both of them walked out. But a few minutes later Eun-ji called out for him making him stop.

She walked up to him, "we can still be friends, right?"

"Ofcourse. I wouldn't want to lose such a good friend, but I would also understand if you need some space, y'know, for a while." Taehyung said with a comforting smile.