twelve

It was almost evening when they finally arrived at the house owned by Jin's family. It was situated in a quite small town, a little away from the rush and noise of the city.

"We have arrived y'all. Get up!" Jin said before unbuckling and getting out of the van.

The rest of boys were getting up from the nap and out the van.

Jungkook rubbed his eyes with his fist and opened them, feeling a hard surface under his head, just then Taehyung opened his eyes too blinking a little.

The older felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked down and just then jungkook looked up too.

Their faces unintentionally got closer to eachother. Their eyes staring into each other's.

Jimin turned around to call for them both, but shut his mouth when he saw them. He smiled a little and went ahead with the other's.

Taehyung raised his hand, seemingly in a daze, and caressed Jungkook's cheek, at which the younger closed his eyes.

But a memory flashed infront of him and he opened them again. Wide-eyed, jungkook retreated his head.

Taehyung frowned at the unusual reaction. "Koo--"

But before he could complete, jungkook was already getting off the van in a hurry and running towards the house. Taehyung gulped. His chest feeling heavy. He got down and went inside the house too.

--

"Ok, we have four rooms. So we will all sleep in pairs." Jin said, "me and Namjoon are obviously sharing one room together, the rest y'all can decide."

"Isn't it always the same." Jimin chuckled, "you both, me and Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook and hob- oh! Yugyeom is here too, this time. Then.."

Yoongi raised his eyebrow, "Yugyeom and hoseok can share the room. Right?"

Taehyung instantly looked at Jungkook.

Hoseok nodded, "I don't have any problem."

"Neither me." Yugyeom said.

Taehyung frowned staring at Yugyeom and then at Jungkook again, finding no anger on his face like he expected.

"He doesn't mind them sharing a room?" Taehyung thought.

"Ok. It's settled then. Let's unpack and then have dinner." Namjoon said and everyone went to their rooms.

Taehyung and Jungkook entered their room. Both of them silent.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook and saw him unpacking quietly.

"Is it just me who feels awkward?" Taehyung thought, frowning.

"No."

Taehyung turned his head towards Jungkook, staring at him wide-eyed.

"What?"

"It's not just you."

"Did I say that out loud?"

Jungkook nodded. "You should be careful when you know you have that habit." He said nonchalantly, keeping his clothes in this cupboard.

Taehyung frowned, not saying anything and folding his own clothes, keeping them in the other side of the cupboard.

"Y'know you can share a room with Yugyeom, right?" Taehyung said after a few minutes, even though it pained him to do so.

Jungkook frowned, "you don't want to share a room with me?" He asked, looking at Taehyung.

"What?" Taehyung's eye's widened, "what- no. That's not what I meant."