I JOIN A QUEST WHERE WE RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD BUS

9. I JOIN A QUEST WHERE WE RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD BUS

I resisted the urge to rub my face as I walked towards the big house. An Apollo camper, Will Solace, had cleaned me up. Will was close to my age. About a year or so older. He told me I should be glad my face didn't need stitches, then he went into a rage about how stupid I was and how I should never do that again, and the next time I did, he was banning me from shadow-traveling.

"This isn't me." Percy said confused.

"Yeah, cause it's me."

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Summer Black, I'm eight years old and I'm the daughter of Hades.

Now, I know what you're thinking, 'A daughter of Hades? That must mean she's evil right?'

Wrong!

Well just a little bit wrong. But hey! I've been through a lot and I don't need people judging me.

Anyhow, Chiron had called me to the big house, saying that I would need to go on a quest with Grover, and two other people. He never said who the other two were though.

"A trio." I heard a familiar voice, that made me want to gauge my eyes out, say. "That'll work."

"Actually," Chiron said. "It will be a quartet."

"Quartet? Who else is coming?"

I stepped out, and immediately Jackson started protesting.

"No way."

"Maybe she should---" Grover started

"No."

"Percy--" Annabeth tried to say

"No!

"Man, you really hated each other didn't you?" Leo asked.

"Fine. But you won't last a minute in the underworld alone. Your best shot of staying alive is if I'm there." I spat.

"I mean, she's not wrong." Thalia said.

"Fine. You can come. But you better not be leading us into a trap. It was your father who stole the bolt."

I lunged for Percy but Annabeth caught me just before I could reach him. I sneered at him before straightening out.

"My father stole nothing. You're just a pathetic little boy who blames other people for things you did."

"Isn't Percy older?"

"Shut up, Rigel."

Percy pulled a face and I made one back.

"Summer, Percy," Annabeth scolded.

I sighed and stepped next to Annabeth as Chiron nodded at her.

"Excellent," Chiron said. "This afternoon, we can take you as far as the bus terminal in Manhattan. After that, you are on your own."

I flinched as lightening flashed and the storm carried on. Annabeth put her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"No time to waste," Chiron said. "I think you all need to get packing."

I sighed, set Percy with a resentful look, before storming off.

🟠⚫🟠

I didn't take my very long to pack as I had barley anything of my own. Most of what I had was stolen for me by Conner Stoll.

"That's because Conner had--"

"Travis!"

"Do you have to go?" Conner whined as he layed on his bunk.