I TELL PERCY MY PAST

15. I TELL PERCY MY PAST

Summer's eyes widened and paled.

Ares was waiting for us at the diner parking lot.

"Well, well," he said. "You didn't get yourself killed."

"You knew it was a trap," Percy growled.

Ares gave him a wicked grin. "Bet the crippled blacksmith was surprised when he netted a couple of stupid kids. You looked really good on TV."

I shoved the shield at him.

"You're a jerk." I spat.

Ares glared at Summer who glared back. Ares suddenly smirked.

"You got guts."

I heard Annabeth and Grover catch their breath. He changed the shield to a vest and pointed to a truck. "See that? That's your ride. Take you straight to L.A. with one stop in Vegas."

The truck had a sign, that I could only read because it was reverse print, KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMAN ZOO TRANSPORTATION. WARNING: LIVE ANIMALS.

"You're kidding," Percy said.

Ares snapped his fingers and the back opened."Free ride west, punk. Stop complaining. And here's a little something for doing the job."

He tossed Percy a bag, and I glared at him.

"Its for animals," I said.

"You're not far off that with that temper of yours." Area told me.

Everyone winced.

"Bad move."

I snatched the bag from Percy, shoving back to the smug god and hissed, "You can take your lousy stuff and shove it up your—"

"Thank you Lord Ares!"

I glared at Grover who yanked me back beside him. I didn't care much for what else he had to say, and stomped over to the truck. I waited until Percy, Annabeth and Grover came in. I listened to Percy and Annabeth talk about spiders and other none sense.

"I should have told you the truth from the beginning," I heard Grover say, voice trembling. "I thought if you knew what a failure I was, you wouldn't want me along."

"You were the satyr who tried to rescue Thalia, the daughter of Zeus."

Grover nodded glumly.

"And the other two half-bloods Thalia befriended, the ones who got safely to camp....." I looked at Annabeth. "That was you and Luke wasn't it?"

I listened quietly in the shadows as Annabeth and Grover retold their story. I was almost asleep, for the first time in two weeks, when I heard Percy bring my name up.

"What about the first time with Summer? Where you there?"

Grover nodded.

"How could that possibly have been as bad as the second time?" Percy asked. "What has Summer gone through that was so much worse then Thalia."

Nico, Grover, Annabeth and Jason winced.

"You really need to think before you speak." Jason said.

"You know nothing." I said, scaring the other three. "You know nothing of what I've been through."

Percy looked over at the shadows, his eyes hard.

"Yeah? Well do you care to tell me what's been so bad about your life? I mean come on, what could have happened that was so bad in your eight year life?"