I BATTLE MY JERK RELATIVE

As soon as Leo and Summer were away from everybody Summer turn to Leo, avoiding eye contact. It was a well known fact that Summer could not resist the 'Valdez Charm' as Leo put it.

"Well?" Summer asked, "what did you want to talk about?"

Leo racked a hand through his curls. How was he going to word this with out making her even more mad? He needed to find the perfect words or else Summer might try to get her skeletons to attack him again.

"I..." He knew starting with 'I'm sorry' would just piss her off even more. "I shouldn't have snapped at you the way I did. It was out of line, and I should have talked to you levelly instead of freaking out. It was wrong of me, and if you want, you can slap me as hard as you can."

Before he could get another word out, his head flung to the side and he yelled, "OW!"

He lifted his hand to his burning cheek, and not the kind of burning he was used to. Leo could practically feel his cheek swelling already. His eyes traveled to Summer who had a smug smirk on her face.

"Holy Hephaestus, mi vida!" Leo whined. "I didn't think you'd actually take me up on my offer."

"Well I did." Summer said.

Leo rubbed his swelling cheek and gave a smile. He stepped closer, grabbing Summer by the end of her jacket, and yanked her in front of her. Summer let out a small squeal, and stumbled into Leo's chest. She rested her hands in attempt to shove herself away, as she was still angry with him.

"Come on Summer," Leo whispered, tilting her chin up. "you forgive me don't you?"

Summer tried to avoid eye contact, but Leo pulled her into a kiss. When they released, Summer was in a bit of a daze. That was another thing Leo was able to use against her. Anytime they would argue, Leo would just kiss her, and everything would be fine.

"Do you forgive me, mi vida?" Leo asked, his eyes turning soft, and he made himself look pout.

"Huh?" Summer asked, still put out of it from the kiss. "I-yeah. I forgive you."

Leo smiled triumphantly. Leo pulled Summer in for another kiss, running his hands through her thick long black hair. He found himself playing with her grey streak of hair, which she always kept in a small braid, and tugged on it slightly. Summer gasped a bit, bringing her hands to Leo's curls. Leo, the cheeky bastard, pulled away, leaving Summer confused and dazed.

"We should head back to the others, mi luz." Leo smiled.

As Leo walked away he could here Summer stumbling over her words trying to find something to say.

"Wh-No-Why wo-Leo!" Summer's voice was high as she called after the smirking boy.

Leo made it back to the throne room and sat down when he finally heard Summer's footsteps. She walked into the room, her eyes trying to focus back in and she sat down next to Leo. Percy recognized that look in Summers eyes. It was the same look he would get when Annabeth kissed him. Percy smirked as he tilted his head. "Was your talk good?"

"Hmm?" Summer asked, her eyes landing on Percy. "Talk? Oh, yeah, yeah."

"I'll read." Draco said.

20. I BATTLE MY JERK RELATIVE

A Coast Guard boat picked us up, but they were too busy to keep us for long, or to wonder how four kids in streets clothes had gotten out into the middle of the bad. There was a disaster to mop up. Their radios were jammed with distress calls.