Ch. 17 Primal

Two months later Alcina and Xavier stood in what they called the war room with five other alpha's and relayed the same information the young girl had given them about the rogues and where they stayed at. Most othe them chose to live separately from the group due to the threat of fights breaking out. The girl, who's name is Amnesty, informed them that on e Brent went to the badlands he was able to rally the rogues behind him. He fed them promises of revenge and a better life. Telling them that once the packs were destroyed, starting with the red dawn pack, they would be allowed to live how they wanted, where they wanted.

"The main group is located here with back up groups posted here, here, and here along the border. We will have to take them out first. I want this done right so it will be done before sunrise. We'll use the darkness from the next full moon and attack." Xavier said pointing at different places on the map. Alcina patted the three week old baby boy and rocked side to side while listening to her mate. She went into labor shortly after having Lucien's wound cared for. She loved her son's but she desperately wanted a girl. Due to this longing desire, she and Xavier were already trying for another baby. They had decided they wouldn't stop until they had a little girl. Even if it meant they had a little of twelve pups.

"So we're supposed to do this with just information from a rogue? How can you trust her? Why is she even still alive?" Alpha Johnson of the gold sky pack questioned.

"She was born a rogue. She's never known anything else. We chose to let her live out of kindness. She should get to experience being part of a pack." Alcina said staring at him. The alpha squinted his eyes at her. The two stared at each other for awhile before the alpha backed down and looked away.

"Now one question we do have that she couldn't answer, is what are they doing up here. We've had multiple sightings of Brent and a handful of rogues exploring caves here and here. It seems they might be looking for something, but we don't know what." Alcina said pointing to a small wooded area north east of the pack border.

Baby Jesse began to fuss so Alcina left the room and Xavier finished up the meeting, answering any questions the alphas asked. They had one question that not Xavier nor Alcina had the answer to. What are the rogues looking for?

A short time later Alcina was in the pack house nursery when she heard a strange car pull into the drive. Looking out of the window she saw elder Hugh step out of the witches black Escalade along with Elvira, Queen Marie, and Eli. She crept quietly from the room and pulled the door shut. Switching on the baby monitor on her hip, she went to open the door.

"Elder Hugh, this is a surprise. We rarely get house calls from elders. Much less see on in the company of witches." Alcina greeted with a slight bow of her head.

"My Luna queen, I'm afraid this is urgent. The witches have news they wish to share." He said returning the bow. She waved them inside before stepping through the doorway. "Xavier, we have company."

She quickly linked Xavier before proceeding to his office on the second floor. He greeted her at the door with a quick kiss and lead everyone into the office. Everyone quickly became situated around the coffee table. There was nothing but silence for a few minutes before the elder cleared his throat.

"Yes well the reason behind our visit is fairly simple. We have an idea what the rogues are looking for." Elder Hugh began.

"And we all need to stop them before they find it. It could mean war and possible the end of witches as well as wolves." Eli continued sternly. Alcina waited but no one resumed talking.

"Okay. So what are they looking for? Is it really that dangerous?" Alcina snapped looking at her brother.

"They're for the ancient ones. The vampires." Elvira said casually before shrugging her shoulders.

"Wait what?! The vampires are supposed to be dead. Thousands of wolves died during the war so your people could end them and your telling me they just what, put them in time out?" Alcina jumped up and started pacing. Xavier sat in deep thought, contemplating how they might survive this situation.

"I'm not sure what my grandmother was thinking. I just want to keep her mistake from biting me in the ass. I'm far too old and to sick to deal with her mistakes. Which leads us to our next set of news." Queen Marie said standing before Alcina to stop her pacing. "I'm dying, Alcina. I'll be dead before next winter. I've named your brother as my heir. He will lead the covens and you will lead the wolves."

Alcina threw her head back and bust out with laughter. She continued to laugh until everyone else thought she may have lost it. Even Xavier have his mate a strangely curious look.

"You're dying so you're gonna make your families screw up my brother's problem. You want us to clean up your mess." She snapped and giggled again.

"Alcina dear, the monitor." Xavier spoke up and she listened to hear Jesse, their youngest, coo. She took a deep breath and left the room. "So what's the plan?"

"Well first, we research. The ancient ones were hidden. Even from us witches. We have text hinting at their location but not the exact coordinates." Eli said looking at the door his sister left through. Their last encounter didn't go very well and he felt some guilt about it. He had missed the births of all three of his nephews. Just as Xavier opened his mouth to speak the silence was broken but an ear piercing scream.

First in their feet was Xavier and then he was gone, out of the room to find his mate. He knew immediately it was her scream but he felt no physical pain through the link. Bursting into the room he saw Alcina laying in the floor clutching her side which has blood spreading across her white cotton shirt. Eli entered after Xavier and went immediately to her.

"Xavier, the bitch took Jesse." She wailed and pointed out the window. Running to the window he could hear the crunch of broken glass and jumped out of the window, seeing a nude blonde woman running towards the woods. He quickly linked the guards and shifted to his wolf. He circled the blonde as fast as he could, which was easy since she was in human form. Within a matter of seconds the blonde woman was surrounded by Xavier and the guards. She smiled a malicious smile, and Xavier caught sight of something shiny held against his child. He tensed and bent slightly to the ground, growling at the woman.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Careful daddy. Wouldn't want anything to happen to the little one." She sneered. Just the a breeze blew through and the blanket fell off Jesse's chest. Xavier could see the woman held a scalpel to his youngest son's throat. How could he separate the woman from Jesse? Surely she realized there was no escape from this point. Not even with Jesse held hostage. They were at a stalemate. "I'm only here as a messenger. They will be coming. As many as we can find. Blood will fill pack streets. Starting today."

Before she had the chance Alcina's white wolf jumped over the guards and bit into the shoulder the held the scalpel. She let out a scream and dropped the scalpel on the ground. The force of Alcina's wolf licked her forward which sent Jesse flying from her arms. Xavier acted on instinct shifted back to human form and caught the baby. He inspected his son while Alcina's wolf took complete control. The beast took over and ripped the woman to pieces before darting off into the woods. She wasn't seen again for days.