A COMPANION👫

A COMPANION👫

The emperor came walking through the door not so long after the little prince had predicted that it was him who had arrived in the courtyard. Peter received him at the entrance with a bow of obeisance, welcoming him home. He smiled and gratefully acknowledged Peter before stepping into the receiving area. He saw the little prince the moment he did so. The little prince was on his feet the moment the emperor stepped into the receiving area. They all paid obeisance to him.

'Little,' the emperor addressed him, a little bit happy to see him there by the small smile that adorned his ever handsome face. The little prince's forced response smile was but a half hearted one.

'First,' he said. The emperor came to him and sat down.

'Your presence surprises me,' he said although it did not. 'You sent me off to the armory so you could lazy in your manor. What then has brought you to my manor?' he asked as he took a seat. The little prince also sat down as he gathered his thoughts and put them into words.

'I needed to see you First for I bear a very important for you.'

'My Lord,' Peter said courteously, 'The Third Prince has since been here, waiting for you,' he continued.

'Is that so?' the emperor asked Peter who knew that it was not a question that was meant to be answered. 'Did you await me for long?'

'I have had the feast that Peter prepared me as lunch before you came. That means it was long enough,' he told him.

'I'm sorry,' the emperor apologized to him. 'Peter sent me a message bit I could not return instantly.'

'It is thanks to you not returning that I had to savour a feast. So do not apologize first.'

'Were you that hungry?' the emperor teased him. The little prince laughed at his words.

'Tease me all you want.'

'My Lord.' It was Peter once again. They all turned to him. 'Please help me scold the Little Prince and his aide. They lazied about their manor as you said and yet they came with practically empty stomach. I am offended because the empire is in bounty. The little prince and his aide can not neglect their health so,' he complained to him.

'Maximilian,' the emperor said settling fierce eyes in his brother. 'Is that true? Did you come here empty in the stomach despite piling all the work on me?'

'First I-'

'Alongside your aide? You left this woman hungry with you?' the emperor asked.

'I-' he cut him off once again.

'I care not if you are hungry, but do not starve Octavia! By God, treat your woman right!'

'First! She is not my woman!' he protested.

'She belongs to you. Therefore she is yours! Treat her right!' he turned to Octavia. 'And you, this is partly your fault. How can you choose to stay hungry with your master? If he wants to fast, secretly eat even!' he snapped at her.

'My Lord,' she said to the emperor. 'It is not my choice.'

'I give you that choice this instant!' he said in slight anger.

'I shall listen to you my Lord, at least on this matter,' she succumbed with a slight bow.

'Better!' he said.

'Thank you My Lord,' Peter beamed in gratitude.

'Now what is the message that you bring to me?' the emperor asked the little prince who reached into the inner pocket of his hood and brought out the reason for his visit. The green envelope spoke for itself the moment it met the light of day.