THE NISUS💫

This book is dedicated to
nobleroyalqueen2

.
.
.
.
.

...13...

THE NISUS💫

Ever since he had told her the true state of his heart, she had almost always avoided him. For the past two days since he had said to her that he married her because he loved her, she had evaded him, being rather successful at it. She had an inkling that she succeeded at doing so because he actually let her. She was doing so because the revelation had left her quite befuddled for a while as she could not describe the conflicting and confusing emotions that it had made her to feel. It was all happiness yet sadness, excited yet unenthusiastic, remarkable yet unprepossessing, half and half. They all contrasted, everything.

She had doubted him at first. But as she continually pondered on it, perusing their eight months story, she found that his words seemed genuine and indubitable from all of his actions so far. Oh yes, maybe he did. Maybe he really did love her. Or maybe he was joking around with her. But what were the chances? Especially with a man like him? A man who really didn't need to do all that to her.

That and every other thing made her feel guilty because could not yet decipher the state of her confused heart, could not yet discern the emotions that plagued her, unable to name what she actually felt for him even after all this time. Indeed she did desire him. She did care for him. But could she, could she love a man such as he? Could she actually love the man who had abducted her, taken her away from the world that she used to know and then married her in her unconsciousness? Could she actually love the man who had consummated their union in her unconsciousness on the excuse that she would not have agreed to it? Could she love the man who had kept her captive in his empire all this while, held her hostage in his territory? Could she love the man who had truncated her every attempt at escape? This was the man who had always laid her out afore his eyes and spanked her rear, every single time that she had attempted escape. Could she love him? That thought, it had made her head and her heart hurt. Therefore she had stubbornly refused to mull over it least she discovered what she actually dreaded the most.

'She will be back,' the little prince's voice broke into her chain of thought, causing her to break that his deep mesmerizing gaze.

'I know,' the emperor said turning to him. He watched as his brother helped himself to a seat.

'She will most likely call a court to challenge you.'

'I will be just ready for her,' he said going to take a seat.

'I know that you will.' The lady turned to leave to allow the men to speak freely for their discussion was none of her concern. 'Lady Rose,' the little prince called out to her. She twirled around slowly to him with a subtle questioning look on her face. 'Come,' he beckoned to her. 'Come and have a seat with us,' he invited. She turned to the emperor, using her eyes to ask him for his confirmation.

'Come to me Mine,' was his confirmation. She obeyed him, going to him. When she made to sit beside him, he took her palm and drew her down, to his lap. She made a small sound of surprise at the motion.

'You are aware that you are the emperor's bride?' the little prince asked her with serious eyes.

'Yes,' was her answer. The little prince nodded softly, once, twice as if he were only processing what she had just said to him. 'He abducted me, you are aware of that?' she equally asked him a question. He smiled beautifully at her, warmly. She noted once again that he was a very handsome man.