1.

A/N: This is the first and last Author's notes so don't worry. But this is my first story so I hope you like it! Lmk how you like it and enjoy ❤️

" It's about your sister."

"What about her?"

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

I remember the day she left. I was so upset to see my sister leave but I knew it was what she wanted. I wanted her to be happy. If she was happy then I was happy too. So I didn't fuss or fight. I took the news and moved on.

However, once I heard she died from an unknown illness on Pandora, it left me puzzled. Willow was such a healthy person, she had no health issues at all. She was perfect. But all stories must come to an end, I just wish hers didn't have to end so quickly.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Your sister represented a significant investment. We'd like to talk to you about taking over her contract."

"Since your genome is very similar to hers, you could step into her shoes."

"It'd be a fresh start on a new world."

"And the pay is good."

"Very good."

I finally look up at the two agents with puffy, bloodshot eyes. I silently think for a moment before shaking my head.

"I'll do it."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Present Day

"You've been in cryo for five years, nine months, and 22 days. You will be hungry. You will be weak. If you feel nauseous, please use the sacks." The doctor stated.

I get out of my pod and grab onto it as I noticed I'm floating. I adjust my grip on the pod and push myself off, so I float over to the lockers.

W. (Y/L/N)

I look up at the name that isn't my own and sigh. Willow was the scientist, not me. I'm a doctor and nothing more. My heart feels heavy thinking about the memories of my sister. I brush the memories aside and grab what's inside.

On the ship

"Exo-packs on! Let's go! Exo-packs on! Remember, people, you lose that mask, you're unconscious in 20 seconds. You're dead in 4 minutes! Let nobody be dead today. Looks very bad on my report."

I put the exo-pack on my face and seal it. I take a deep breath as I get used to the mask. I look around and notice a very familiar face. Jake Sully, an old friend, was a couple of seats down from me. The corner of my lips slightly tug up knowing I'm not doing this alone. Me and Jake have been friends since college. It's actually quite a funny story on how we met.

Flashback

"I can't take this anymore." I cough as I fall down to the ground. What in the hell was I thinking signing up to be a Marine? Boot camp is killing me. As I see people run around me, clearly not wanting the sergeant's wrath, I see a pair of boots in my field of vision.

"Dude, are you alive?" The voice asks me. I look up slightly and lay back down, "No. Leave me to die." I hear a chuckle from above. Suddenly, I get pulled back up to my feet.

"I'm sorry but no soldiers get left behind." The man looks at me with a charming smile. I chuckle at his statement.

"I'm Jake Sully," He offers his hand out to me. I smile and shake his hand, " (Y/n) (y/l/n)."