12.

(Na'vi will be in bold)

"Calibrate fast, we're going in, right now." Grace orders everyone around in the link room

"Calibrating three, four, and five." A female technician yells. I get in my link pod and pull the chest restain over me. Parker walks over to me and points his finger in my face.

I look to my left to my right because I don't know who the hell he's pointing that finger at like that because it's not me.

"Listen to me. You've got one hour. Unless you want your best friend's girlfriend in there when the ax comes down, you get them to evacuate. One hour only." With that, he pushes the top of my link pod causing it to come down.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Me, Jake, and Neytiri run down a spiral of the tree to where Eytukan, Mo'at, and Tsu'tey are.

"Father! Mother!" Neytiri gets her parent's attention.

"Eyutak, I have something to say." Jake starts as Grace runs over to us, "Listen!" She pleads.

"Speak JakeSully." Eytukan motions for him to go on.

"A great evil is upon us. The sky people are coming to destroy Hometree." Gasps and shrieks could be heard throughout the crowd of people. Jake turns to Neytiri, "Look, tell them they're gonna be here soon." Neytiri speaks in Na'vi before Jake turns back to Eytukan and Mo'at.

"You have to leave, or you're gonna die." Jake pleads.

"Are you certain of this?" Mo'at asks him.

"Look, they sent me here to learn your ways so one day I could bring this message and you would believe it," Jake admits causing me to sigh.

Neytiri looks between me and Jake as Tsu'tey steps down to walk in front of me, "What are you saying, Jake? You knew this would happen?"

"(Y/n)? You knew about this?" Tsu'tey chokes out, and I could see the confusion on his face. Jake quickly shakes his head at Tsu'tey, "(Y/n) wasn't a part of this. It was all me." He turns back to look at Neytiri, "Yes. Look, at first, it was just orders, and then everything changed. Okay? I fell in love. I fell in love with the forest and with the Omaticaya people. And with you." Jake tries to talk to Neytiri and I see her eyes start to fill with tears. I look back at Tsu'tey to see him meet my eyes.

"Tiyawn please," I beg Tsu'tey as he starts to slowly back away from me. He shakes his head as he turns away from me. I grab onto his arm but he yanks it away and it broke my heart. I look over as I hear Neytiri yelling at Jake, "You will never be one of The People!"

"We tried to stop them!" Grace tries to tell Neytiri but she yells over her causing me to look back at Tsu'tey.

"Tsu'tey please, I love you! I never meant for this to happen. Or any of this!" I beg him, but as he turns around, I am met with heartbroken eyes, "I knew better than to fall in love with a dream walker. You are all the same."

I felt my heart shatter and tears well into my eyes as his words hit me straight in the heart.

"Bind them." Eytukan orders, "Tsu'tey please! You have to leave!" I shout as warriors push me down to my knees and tie ropes around my wrist. Eytukan lets out a war cry causing the whole clan to follow in pursuit. I let a tear slip down my eyes as I stare at the Tsu'tey back.

What have we done?

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

They had us tied up in front of Hometree with warriors holding a knife to our necks.

"Run to the forest! You all have to leave now!" I shout out as Jake and Grace did the same.

"They're coming!" Grace shouts.

"They will destroy this place." Jake tries to reason but no one is listening to us.

"Neytiri, you need to go now!" Grace shouts out at her but she ignored Grace.

"Have no fear!" Tsu'tey yells to the warriors as the gunships fly into view.

"Please! Tsu'tey! Don't do this!" I know he wouldn't listen to me but I had to try at least. The gunships flew closer to us causing people to look away due to the wind. The plants were shaking violently from the intense wind. I looked away as my eyes were starting to water.

"No! Goddamn it, run!" Jake yells out in anger knowing what's about to happen. I notice Tsu'tey ordering some warriors and running toward us, "Tsu'tey please!"

He looks at me before running back toward the tree. The main ship shoots gas into the entrance of Hometree causing the clan to start firing arrows. The arrows do nothing to the ships whatsoever, causing me to hang my head low. I lift my head back up as I hear missiles fired at Hometree.

"Oh my god..." I whisper as I stare at the missiles hitting Hometree. Tears fall down my cheek as I realize Tsu'tey was still in the tree as they fired the missiles, "Tsu'tey!"

"Everyone, get to the forest!" Eytukan commands, making everyone run to the forest. Neytiri stops in front of us for a moment before continuing to run to the forest.

"Neytiri!" Jake tries to get her to come back but she was already gone. I sob, defeated, knowing there was nothing more we could do.

"We gotta move! He's going to blow the columns!" Jake struggles against his restraints. We notice Mo'at walking up to Jake with a knife in her hand and puts it to his throat.

"Mo'at, please, no!" I shout, struggling against the restaints, trying to do anything to make her stop.

"If you are one of us, help us." Mo'at cries and cuts all of our wrist restraints. I shake the ropes off my wrist, looking around at people running and crying.

"This way!" We run after Jake, trying to get as far away as we can. The impact of the missiles hitting the tree, causing us all to go flying. I groan as my back hits the log, "Come on, (Y/n)! Let's go Grace!" Jake pushes us up and over to the other side of the log, "Down! Head down!" The sound of shots being fired, wood getting thrown everywhere, and the ground shaking are all that could be heard and felt. When I hear silence, I look up see the tree just sitting there.

"This isn't right," I looked down at the bottom of Hometree to see it ever so slightly lean, until it the wood finally cracks and breaks causing the large tree to start to fall.

"We have to go! Let's go, it's coming down!" I jump up quickly, pulling everyone up and start running with Jake helping Mo'at.

"No! No, get back!" Jake pulls us all back as I look up at the tree falling right on top of us, "Come on! Move! Move!" Jake pushes us out of the way. I put my head down trying my best to avoid the flying wood chunks. Suddenly, everything stopped and all that could be heard was cries of pain and heartbreak.

I slowly lift my head to look that the sky people had succeded. They had took down Hometree. I look over as Mo'at screams in horror. Her home was destroyed and her people were murdered. She wasn't the only one, there were cries and screams all over. They had lost family and friends in such a short period of time. I look around and put my hands over my mouth.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Jake ran off to go find Neytiri, so me and Grace followed Mo'at and the rest of the villagers to the Tree of Souls. We start walking until Grace suddenly drops.

"No! Grace! No!" I scream before I feel myself waking up.