In The Spirit of Christmas

NO ONE'S POV:

It was cold that night lights in houses were all on, all but one house.

In that house were two kids, a boy and a girl.

Their names were Sunny and Mari respectively. They were anything but rich so they had no electricity or gas to keep warm.

All they had was a torn blanket they had to share. Though it was extremely thin so even with that it was cold.

Mari had gone out to get food with the little money they did have. Sunny was all alone and curled up in the cover.

The broken window let in cold air that made him shiver. Usually Sunny would go to his friend's house with his sister to stay warm but his friend was out at the moment so staying there with his friend's parents would be kind of akward.

Sunny grabbed a pencil and a notebook that he hid underneath a broken floorboard.

Sunny loved drawing in his notebook he especially loved drawing the pictures he took from his camera, that he got from his friend, that were mostly only pictures of him and his friend, or just his friend.

The truth was, he had a huge crush on on him and he wanted to confess so bad but Sunny thought his friend must be straight.

WITH SUNNY'S FRIEND

"Dad do you think I could get this, I want to get Sunny and Mari something for Christmas!" Basil said beaming.

"Sure thing kiddo, grab anything you want and we'll wrap it up together if you want." Basil's father said.

Basil grabbed several different toys from off the shelf and grabbed beautifully designed wrapping paper.

Basil and his father went to the cash register to pay for everything and left to walk back home. On the walk back Basil's father, Mark, held the bags while Basil was playing in the glimmering white snow.

As soon as Mark and Basil reached the house and went inside Basil immediately ran to the luxurious looking living room with his dad following a few steps behind.

Basil grabbed the gifts from the bag and grabbed a spare cardboard box, he put the gift in the box and tried wrapping it.

Mark was on his fifth one while Basil was still working on his first one. Basil was extremely frustrated and every time his father asked if he needed help he just denied and kept trying.

Basil put the present down, grabbed a pillow and walked away. He covered his face with the pillow and screamed into it.

Mark put dropped what he was doing and walked over to Basil and rubbed his back.

"Alright kid tell me why you won't let me help you." Mark said.

"It's just that Sunny is really important to me and I don't know what it is, Mari is my friend too but my heart doesn't do weird backflips with her like it does for Sunny. Dad, what does that mean?" Basil looked like he was on the verge of crying.

"Alex, you wanna know how I found out I was in love with your mother?," Mark didn't wait for Basil to reply,"I had a crush on her and when I found out my parents wanted me to get married to some random girl, that's when I realized that your mother was the one for me, love is love Alex and that's what you're feeling."

"Basil you're in love with Sunny."

Basil's eyes widened and his head turned to his father so quickly he could've gotten whiplash.

He was surprised that his father thought that he was in love with his best friend but he was even more surprised that his dad called him Basil.

"Y-you.. YOU CALLED ME BASIL!!" Basil hugged his dad tight.