Extra Help on The Weekend

So for the people who might be reading this and have not yet read the chapter "A Frozen Freezer" I basically introduced a lady who talks with Polly on a daily basis. Let's see what happens when Polly gets sick and needs some extra help.

-

The coughs racked her chest, Polly had been sick for three days now so Basil had been doing the babysitting.

Basil had no idea what to do, his parents always got him the best doctors so he never came down with anything worse than the common cold, but Polly had the flu, he had no idea how to take care of something like that.

Because of his lack of caretaking skills Polly hadn't been getting better, infact it seemed like she was getting worse.

"Basil.. get.. get my phone.. for me.." Polly said between coughs.

Basil looked around for a bit til he spotted her phone. He grabbed it and handed it to Polly.

She put in her password and typed something turning her phone off after.

About twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door, Basil instinctively ran and answered the door like he usually did when Sunny came over only to be met with a familiar face he hadn't seen in a while.

"Ah, Basil was it? I'm here to see Polly, how is she doing?" The lady questioned looking past Basil.

"She's uh.. I've never taken care a person before so, she isn't doing too well." Basil said looking down.

"Well I'll take it off your hands so you can rest easy." The lady had a smile that could light up the room, she patted Basil  on the head and walked to the living room which was weird because Basil hadn't shown her around but he just guessed Polly gave her directions while they talked on the phone.

While Basil sat in the room with Polly and the lady, the phone rang. The lady was about to get the phone but Basil was too quick.

"Hey Sunny!... uh..huh, no I'm free.... well Polly is sick right now so.. ok I'll see you in ten." Basil put down the phone with a click as it snapped into the base.

Basil grabbed his shoes from the shoe rack. He slipped them on and went to the kitchen.

There was a knock on the door a few minutes later and Basil opened the door letting Sunny walk in.

"Just sit on the couch, I'm making snacks." Basil ran right back to the kitchen and the water started running.

Sunny sat silently on the couch, he unlocked his phone and occupied himself while he waited for Basil.

The woman pet Polly's head, thinking for a second, "So, you're Sunny?" She asked pulling the cover on Polly up higher.

Sunny looked up a little startled then nodded without saying a word.

"You seem quiet, weren't you the boy at the police station with Polly?"

Sunny nodded again.

The lady laughed quietly, "How does Basil even get you to talk, it seems like you interrupted him multiple times over the phone."

Sunny looked down at his lap, a little embarrassed at the fact that he was being interrogated.

"So, is there any particular reason you.. I don't know.. showed up, only warning Basil a few minutes before rather than letting him know earlier?"

Sunny blushed a little, and nodded again.

Basil popped his head in with a little pout on his face. "Don't interrogate him he's shy."

"It's fine Basil, I don't mind.." Sunny whispered.

Basil looked at Sunny concerned and then let out a sigh and a chuckle. He went back into the kitchen and continued what he was doing.

Sunny covered his face, though it was clear his ears were pink.

"Someone's in love?~" The woman cooed.

"I was thinking of.. confessing.." Sunny said through his hands.

The woman walks up to Sunny and places a tulip and rose hairclip in Sunny's hand, "Don't tell him it was from Luara." She winks and puts a finger to her lips in a shushing motion.

Basil walks in with a picnic basket, smiling brightly. "Are you ready?

Sunny nods and stands up quickly glancing at Laura who gives him a smile.

Sunny and Basil walk to the door, Basil walks out first, but before Sunny follows, he turns to Laura and give her a thumbs up and she returns it.