A Slow Dance in Your Backyard

Sunny blinked away the blur in his eyes as he slowly stretched out his aching back. He waited for his eyes to adjust to the dark and grabbed his phone. He silently prayed that his brightness was low.

Unfortunately, it wasn't since Basil was playing on his phone earlier.

'1:18'

Sunny looked around and checked under the covers, neither Mewo nor Basil were in the bed. Sunny vaguely remembers them both sleeping in the bed with him.

Mewo being somewhere else awake was normal, but Basil?

Sunny groaned and wobbled to his feet. Now that he could better see in the dark he went out of Basil's room to go look for the blonde.

"Basil..?" Sunny called out to Basil as he trudged slowly through the hallway.

As Sunny got closer to the end of the hall he heard the sound of water before he saw the bathroom light on.

He knocked on the door as he let out a quiet and tired yawn.

"Basil?"

"Door's open!" Basil shouted from in the bathroom.

Sunny blushed and puffed out his cheeks. He's seen Basil naked on multiple- innocent -occasions but he was still so embarrassed by it, even as an adult.

He clutched the door handle and slowly opened the door. The curtain was closed and Sunny silently sighed in relief, he would have definitely overheated if it wasn't.

"Where were you, I.." Sunny trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence even though he knew Basil knew what he was going to say, he always did.

"Missed me? Sunny, I'm not going anywhere, don't worry", Sunny could tell Basil was trying not to laugh at how clingy he was acting, "How about you stay and we can talk till 'm done, 'kay?" Basil let out a quiet yawn.

"Okay.." Sunny smiled slightly but had no idea what to say.

"So, cuddle bug, work on any new peices recently?"

"Oh, no, I have an idea for one but I need a reference for it, I can't find one online.." This was a complete lie, Sunny just wanted a reason to stare at Basil and the boy's beautiful features.

"I can help, what's it about?"

"Oh-" Shit- "Uh.. it'll be a surprise..?"

Basil hummed.

"Yeah..", Sunny paused, "Where's Mewo?"

"Kitchen."

Sunny could tell from the way Basil started to talk less and get quiet, something was wrong.

"I.. took those dance classes you recommended, slow dancing? Interesting choice."

Suddenly the curtain slid open and Basil hopped out, quickly drying himself and throwing on one of Sunny's favorite sweaters, a pair of boxers and some shorts.

Basil grabbed Sunny's wrist and pulled a tomato red Sunny down the steps, past the kitchen and to the backdoor, their bare feet slapping against the wood floor.

"Oh, I forgot something, stay here!" And Basil ran right back up the stairs clumsily.

A couple minutes later Basil ran back down with his phone and a speaker, Sunny opened the backdoor still a little confused.

Basil ran out the door, Mewo at his feet. Sunny walked out behind them, shivering as the cold night air hit him, making him wish he brought him and Basil shoes.

By the time Sunny had his feet on the grass, Basil had the speaker set up, phone in hand.

"Come, come!" Basil waved Sunny over.

Sunny ran on the grass over to Basil who tapped something on his phone and music started to play.

I found a love, for me.

"Do you-"

Basil intertwined his hands with Sunny's and they started to spin around in a circle.

Sunny was shocked by Basil's behavior but it made him smile seeing him so happy.

Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead.

Well, I found a boy, beautiful and sweet.

Oh I never knew you were the someone waiting for me.

Sunny had one hand on Basil's waist while the other held Basil ls hand, outstretched. Basil had his hand on Sunny's shoulder, smiling at him as Mewo ran around their legs.

"Sunny remember how we danced as kids?"

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love.

"Yeah.."

"We were so young, do you think we knew?"

Not knowing what it was.

"Nope," Sunny chuckled, "But we know now."

I will not give you up this time.

Basil leaned in, closing the distance between them.

But darling, just kiss me slow.

Your heart is all I own.

Moments after they pulled away, they just stared deep into each other's eyes as they spun around.

And in your eyes, you're holding mine.

Basil giggled as Sunny spun him around, feeling warm despite the frigid air.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark.

With you between my arms.

Barefoot on the grass.

"Do you like the song?" Basil panted but continued to dance.

"I like whatever you like." Sunny shrugged.

"Then you love yourself?" Basil laughed.

Sunny chuckled in embarrassment.

Listening to our favorite song.

Sunny spins Basil a little too fast causing him to trip and pull Sunny down with him.

Instead of getting angry Basil laughs so hard and has to clutch his stomach in pain.

All Sunny did was stare. At his wet hair that would definitely need another wash, his flushed face, his long lashes, his pink lips.

When Basil's laughter died down, Sunny reached and hand over and caressed Basil's cheek, Basil turned his head to look back at Sunny.

Sunny stared, mesmerized, at Basil's eyes, they didn't look like any blue gem he could think of but they were so beautiful that they didn't have words in a dictionary to describe them.

"Hm.. I look crazy, but I'm glad I got to do this with you.." Basil placed his hand on the hand Sunny had on his cheek.

When you said you looked a mess.

I whispered underneath my breath.

But you heard it..

"Darling, you look perfect, tonight."

Darling, you look perfect tonight.

-

Hey guys, I'm back!! And I'll start getting back to updating again!♡