The Witch and His Black Cat

Basil mixed all the ingredients together in the brewing pot, checking the time every so often.

See, Basil was taking a potions class for young witches.

He lost his mother at birth and his father was killed by witch hunters so he was raised by other witches.

Basil finally finished his potion and just in time too, he had so many other things to do and he would have had less time if he messed up his ninth one.

Basil picked the herbs he planted some time ago and planted new ones, he washed empty used potion bottles, and tidied up around the house before leaving out to class.

Basil was walking to class looking at the beautiful flowers blooming everywhere when he heard quiet purring and meowing from an alleyway between the bakery and potions shop.

Basil was seriously contemplating leaving but he couldn't not worry about plants and animals, being as they are his weak spot.

Basil walked into the alleyway and looked around for a while when he finally reached the dead end he sensed he wasn't alone, but it wasn't just the stray cat he heard was there.

There were more people, not witches, witch hunters.

One wrong move and Basil would be killed. Basil stood so still that if he was as grey as stone you would have thought he was a statue.

The cat slowly stepped out from behind a crate it wasn't looking at Basil before but now its eyes were trained on him.

Basil walked toward the cat as the cat walked slightly backward, he had completely forgotten about the witch hunters and knelt down to the pet the cat when he finally got close enough.

BANG

BANG

Basil collapsed to the ground in a second. His vision was hazy and blurred, the cat purred next to him pawing at his face. Blood dripped out from his gunshot wounds.

There was a ringing in his ears but he could somehow hear the meowing of the cat clearly. He couldn't move anything and he was starting to get cold.

'Is this it? Am I really gonna die here? Just like that, I don't wanna go yet..'

His vision went completely black and the last thing he saw out of the corner of his eye was a boy with black hair and the features of a cat.

Basil woke up on something soft and he felt strangely warm for someone who had just died.

He sat up and looked around the room he was in. He felt a weight on his lap shift so he looked down to see the black cat from before.

He gasped and scrambled of the couch he was on making the cat jump up in surprise. Basil backed away from the cat, trying to keep a distance.

The cat spoke in some strange language and when it noticed Basil seemed confused it sighed.

There was a flash of green and as it dispersed there was a boy in the cat's place. It walked up to Basil, resting two fingers on his forehead.

"There, better?" The cat- or- boy asked.

Basil was too shocked to say a word so he just nodded.

"Do you wanna know what's going on?," he asked as Basil just nodded again, "go sit on the couch and I'll tell you."

Basil sat on the couch and so did the strange cat.

"So what do you want to know first.

"Who and what are you?"

"I'm Sunny a possessive cat. Possessive cats are cats that will make someone our owner. We take anyone that is under 20 years of age, the only way to make a contract is if the human and cat reciprocate a mutually friendly relationship or the person was on the verge of death like you were."

"Well then.. why did you save me I didn't do anything for you, so why?"

Sunny put his hand on Basil's cheek and leaned in smiling.

"Because now your mine sweetheart."

Basil's eyes lost its light first then his eyes black then pink.

"I've 'seen you around' before so I grew quite the crush on you, but it would've taken forever to get a contract with you so I planned your 'death', it was quite simple really, now your my pet."

Basil didn't say anything and just hugged Sunny.

'What is happening!? What am I doing this cat is crazy! Wait.. possessive cats are cats that.. HE LIED TO ME!? Damn it, there has to be a way to undo this contract right?'

-

🙏 I am so sorry for this late update I've been busy with things, since I got really lazy there will be a part 2 of this, please just bear with me here, and for those of you that are new, welcome I hope you enjoy my stories and thank you for reading.