The Boy on The Roof

WARNING! ⚠️!SUICIDE AND MURDER!⚠️

NO ONES POV:

Sunny continued to walk the route he'd always went through.

Sure he knew about the myth of the boy on the roof, the kids always said that he hasn't killed anyone yet, but they say that if you catch his eye he'll do something to you.

This, of course, was a myth so Sunny didn't really believe it, right?

Wrong, well not entirely. The thing is he's seen the boy on the roof. This was before he'd heard the myth.

He saw something in the corner of his eye, when he looked he saw a blonde boy sitting on the roof staring straight at him.

Sunny's eyes widened as he stood shocked, the boy swayed his head closer to the edge.

Sunny wasted no time and he ran all the way to the top of the roof of the abandoned building, swinging the door open only to see, or to not have seen the boy that should've been there. His heart sunk at the thought of what must've happened.

He crept close to the edge where the railing was and peered over it.

He wasn't there.

No blood, no body. Nothing.

Sunny backed away from the railing in horror and surprise. He checked the rooftop for the boy. He thought that if he didn't jump he probably just hid.

Yeah.

No.

He looked everywhere but the boy was nowhere on the roof.

Sunny went back down the nearly broken stairs, it was a miracle they didn't break from the running he did on it.

That was the day he heard the myth, right after he ran to school, slightly scared, he sat with his friends at lunch and told them about the incident, they told him the myth and even though he acted like he was less scared he was horrified.

Had he caught the ghost's eye?

The cycle went on and on the ghost seemed to keep pulling him up to the roof, was the ghost trying to make him do something?

On one particular day Sunny had looked up to the roof but instead of seeing the ghost sitting the ghost it was standing pointing right at Sunny once he knew Sunny was looking at him he turned his hand so his palm was facing up but it's finger was still pointing at him.

He did a movement that looked like he was beckoning Sunny to him. Sunny didn't know what he was doing but he didn't realize it at first.

Sunny was now walking up the stairs, he couldn't control his legs.

They won't stop. Make it stop. What am I doing? What is HE doing?

Sunny kept repeating these words in his head then all of the sudden he relaxed. Suddenly he felt, content, with the was his final chapter would end, for some reason the books always seem to end happily.

Sunny had been thinking about ending it in a few days, what's the problem with just getting it over with right here right now?

Sunny reached the rooftop but this time the boy stayed there.

Sunny reached his hand toward the boy trying to grab him. Once he was close enough to touch him, the ghost somehow grabbed him and pulled him down.

Falling.

He was falling.

And in those last moments he had alive he hugged the ghost.

A man crept from the corner walking to where Sunny and Basil were. He grabbed Sunny not bothering to even spare a glance to Basil.

The man walked to a supply closet where he hid Sunny's body.

Where he hid Basil's body.

Sunny's ghost followed him standing in the doorway of the closet.

Just like how Basil grabbed him, he grabbed the man's neck and started choking him. He didn't stop, no matter what the man did, his face was blank.

When the man was dead Sunny walked back to Basil, the blood stain no longer there anymore.

Basil sat hugging his knees, crying.

Sunny sat next to Basil patting his back, he put his hands in the boy's hair and combing it.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to, he just.. he killed me so I was scared of him, h-he said he'd grant my wish if I killed someone or he'd make me go away forever, and I.. I didn't mean it!" The first words the boy ever spoke to him since they met.

"What's your name?" Sunny asked.

"M-my name?" Basil asked while Sunny only nodded,"It-it's Basil, my name's Basil."

"Well Basil, it was a foolish thing for you to do even if he would grant you a wish, what if he didn't hold up to his end of the deal? What then? What if he was just exploiting you? But this begs the question.."

"What did you wish for?"

W-what? Why would you need to know that?! Anyway, it's not any of your business!!" Basil shouted trying to get away from Sunny, but no matter what he did Sunny seemed too strong. Or he was too weak maybe that's why.. "I just wanted someone to love me.."

"Now it's no longer the lonely boy on the roof, he has someone who loves him now, and they never killed anyone again"

"Read me another story"

"I think you've had enough stories for one night"

"Noooo, another, another!!"

The lady giggled.

"I'll tell you another tomorrow night"

"Okayy, goodnight mommy!"

"Goodnight sweetheart.."

The woman stood up and switched off the light as she exited the room.

"Are you sure you want to keep talking about talking about him, don't you think that would make it hurt more?"

"Hero, I'm fine I've learned that telling a story helps me cope with his death" The lady smiled.

"Mari.." Hero hugged her.

She let a few tears fall, she still kept that warm smile on her face though.

She visited the makeshift grave in her backyard, it had a large stone with a name and the year of death and birth painted on it with a small quote hardly readable any longer as most of the paint had washed off. But no one bothered to fix it.

Mari sat down on her knees, she clasped her hands together and started praying.

"I hope your happy there Sunny, tell that other boy that I'm thankful for him making you happy, I wish you could've been able to meet your niece, she's a beautiful and amazing girl, sometimes she even reminds me of you when you were younger." Mari laughed. "I love you, Sunny, you know I always will little brother."

-

I started crying while making this😭 anywho, I try to post everyday every other week so this and a Christmas special will be the only exception because I also don't post on weekends. Have a good day and a very Merry Christmas!!