Chapter 2: In Trouble Again

Marty McFly came up the steps rather hesitantly, not noticing that his older sister Linda had been standing at the door waiting for him, her eyelids a bright green instead of the usual purple.

"Mom sent me out here to keep an eye out for you. She's not happy, Marty." Linda said in a tone that made it seem as if she didn't care what was about to happen to him.

Marty squinted his eyes as he leaned in the doorway, "Yeah, I noticed."

Linda rolled her eyes and walked inside the house, Marty followed behind.

"Martin Seamus McFly!"

Marty jumped as his mother Lorraine stormed down the stairs, her face red with anger.

"Do you realize what you did today was unacceptable? Your little sister was two hours late, and today of all days! It was school picture day!"

"Look, Mom, I really am sorry. I know I messed up big time. But I'll do better, I promise."

Lorraine looked down, "Well, as least you know what you've done and want to fix it. But it's not me you should be apologizing to, but Judy. You have a lot to live up to, Marty. Your sister looks up to you, try to be a good role model."

Marty hadn't even noticed the can of beer in her hand until it clicked open, the liquid splashing him in the face.

Good role model. Says the lady with a can of beer.

His mother didn't even acknowledge it, "Now go sit down and eat your dinner."

"And save room for dessert, your Uncle Joey didn't make parole again."

I might as well be next!

Marty looked toward the stairs, everyone was down except Judy.

He quietly went up to her bedroom.

Judy was sitting on her bed, holding one of those Little Ponies, gently brushing its mane and tail.

He leaned against the doorway, "Hey Judes, how was school today."

"Good. But it could have been better." Judy said matter-of-factly, not taking her eye off the toy.

Marty looked at his sister carefully.

Her soft brown hair was in a single braid, her bangs nearly covering her face and she was wearing a white turtleneck shirt with blue overalls, a pink heart design slapped on the front.

He walked in further and sat on the end of her bed.

"Look, Judes. I know I messed up today, but I promise I'll be a better big brother to you."

Judy looked at him, a perplexed expression on her small face.

"It's not your fault, Marty. You know Momma has bad communication skills sometimes."

Marty smiled, "Yeah, she didn't tell me anything about picture day."

"Come on, let's go down. I think everyone's waiting on us."

He picked her up in his arms and went back downstairs.

As they came down, Marty noticed Biff Tannen had invited himself in.

Oh great, this day just keeps getting better and better.

He slowly walked over to the rest of his family, watching Biff talk to his father, George McFly.

"Look McFly, I'm telling you that car of yours has a blind spot. How else do you explain this?"

He got up, showing George the alcohol stain on his expensive suit.

"Gee, Biff. I don't know what to tell you." George scratched his neck in a nervous state.

"I'll tell you what you can say, McFly. You can pay to get it cleaned." Biff leaned back in the chair, taking a drink of beer.

"I might consider that."

"It wasn't a suggestion."

A moment of silence, then George replied, rather regretfully, "Alright Biff, you win. I'll get everything fixed."

Biff jumped up, pointing a finger at him, "You'd better, McFly."

He suddenly turned and saw Marty staring at him.

"What're you looking at, Butthead?!"

"Uh-nothing!" Marty stammered.

Biff's gaze shifted, "And you, you little Gremlin! You better stop giving me that stupid look!"

Wait, what?!

Marty suddenly realized he still had his sister in his grasp.

He pulled her up and she buried her face in his neck.

"Hey, Biff! You don't talk to my sister like that!" Marty challenged.

But Biff ignored him, making his way out of the McFly residence.

"And you better teach those bratty kids of yours how to respect your supervisor!" He slammed the door shut.

Marty sighed and gazed down at Judy.

"Hey, buddy. It's ok now. He's gone."

"Ok." Judy finally got out of his grasp and started toward the table. "I don't like him. He's really mean, and loud."

"Yeah, I don't like him either."

Marty looked over to his father.

"Dad, you know I love you, but you've got to stand up to Biff! I don't care if he's your supervisor or whatever, he has no right to treat you, treat us, like that."

George sighed, "Yes son, I know. I've just never been that kind of guy, you know?"

Marty didn't say anything, but nodded in response.

I think I do.

George then turned his attention to the TV and burst out laughing as he watched, immediately forgetting everything that had transpired.