Chapter 6: Finding Doc

Marty slowly came down the stairs, seeing his sister seated at the table with the rest of their mother's family.

Judy hopped up in her chair, "Marty! Are you okay?" She was about ready to tackle him with a hug.

He laughed, "Yeah, I'm okay, kiddo." Then he sat down, noticing he was sitting beside his mother, who couldn't keep her eyes off him.

Oh geez.

"Oh, Marty! Are you alright?" He felt a hand touch his shoulder. It was Lorraine's mother.

"Oh yeah! I'm fine, thank you. It's no problem, really."

"Well, you nearly had us all scared to death!"

Lorraine's father came in, "Yeah, what were you doing out there anyway?" He brought in a TV and sat it on a small table, "You oughta pay me for the damage to my car!"

"Don't mind him, Marty! Now Sam, quit fiddling with that thing and come eat your dinner!" Stella sat down, her husband soon followed.

"Now we can watch TV while we eat!"

The screen flickered on and Marty immediately recognized the program. The Honeymooners.

"Hey! Hey, I've seen this one, it's a classic! It's where Ralph dresses up as a man from space!"

A boy, whom he assumed was his Uncle Milton, looked at him doubtfully.

"What do you mean you've seen this? It's brand new."

"Yeah, well I saw it on a...rerun."

"What's a rerun?"

"You'll find out..."

"You know Marty, you and your sister look so familiar. Do I know your mother?"

Marty looked down at Judy, who stopped eating.

"Uh..." She said, giving her brother an unsure look.

"Yeah, I think you do." Marty concluded.

"Maybe I should call her, I wouldn't want her to worry."

"No! Uh, our parents are out of town. Nobody's home."

"Well, in that case, you should stay here for the night. Until you're able to go out on your own."

Lorraine lit up at the idea, "He could sleep in my room."

"Oh, no! No, that's not necessary, really."

"Besides, there's somewhere we need to be."

Marty grabbed the page with Doc's address from his pocket.

"Do you happen to know where this address is?"

Lorraine's father examined the page, "Yes, it's on the other side of town, a block east past Maple Street."

"Maple Street? That's John F. Kennedy Drive!"

"Who the heck's John F. Kennedy?"

"You know what, never mind." Marty quickly got up.

He grabbed his sister and headed for the door.

"Thank you so much, for everything."

"Um, yeah!" Judy smiled, dangling in his arms.

Marty opened the door, "We hope to see you later, much later." Then it slammed shut.

He sighed, "That was close!"

"Yeah, I don't think I could have taken another minute of Momma staring at you like that."

"You were paying attention to that?"