Chapter 5: Unexpected Meetings

All Marty could hear were the tires screeching, as he quickly put on the brake, realizing that all the commotion had stopped.

"Uh, what just happened?" He said, confused.

However, Judy caught on quickly.

"I think we traveled back in time, Marty."

"What?!"

"Yeah, look." She pointed to the set date on the screen.

"NOVEMBER 5TH 1955?!" Marty yelled, heaving back in his seat.

That's when he noticed, they were no longer at the mall being chased by the terrorists, but on a road in the middle of nowhere.

Marty slowly got out of the DeLorean, still not fully believing that this whole time travel thing had actually worked.

Judy poked her head out, watching him pace the dirt road.

"There's no way..."

Marty quickly got back in, flipping the switch to turn the time circuits on.

"This has gotta be some crazy dream!"

He tried to start the car, but it was all in vain.

"I think it's dead." Judy muttered.

Marty thumped his head on the steering wheel.

"This can't be happening!"

He looked around.

"And of course! There's no plutonium to get us back!"

Judy looked at him, "What about Doc?"

"What?"

"He could probably help us. Remember? This was the day he invented time travel."

"Oh, man..." Marty said. He hadn't really been paying attention to his sister when Doc was showing them the DeLorean, but it was clear she had been paying attention to him.

Then he realized...

"Of course! If we can find the Doc, he can help us get back home!"

He slumped down in the seat.

"Guess we're walking..." He muttered.

Judy laughed.

After traveling for about two miles, the McFly siblings finally reached Hill Valley.

"So, this is Hill Valley in the past." Judy said as she looked around.

"Kinda freaky." Marty murmured, his eyes glued to a movie poster, which featured noticeably, a young Ronald Reagan.

"Marty, I think everyone's staring at us." He felt his sister's small arms cling to his leg.

"Oh, geez." He examined himself. His red vest didn't look like anything that anyone in 1955 would wear. Then he looked down at Judy. She was probably the only little girl here that was wearing pants, and her purple jacket was just as puffy as his vest.

"We'll have to worry about that later."

"Right now, we've got to somehow find the Doc."

After wandering around for a few more minutes, Marty noticed a cafe across the street. Without hesitation, he started toward it, his sister quickly following behind.

Once they were inside, Marty found himself being stared at by who he assumed was the owner of the place, as his name was on the sign above the building.