Chapter 8

Yleana Daisy Chang was pale, chubby, short and had brown eyes and brownish black hair. She looked exactly like her siblings, which made her mother happy.

After the horror show that was labor, the new room was back to being harmonious. Soft sounds and smells. Everyone speaking nicely.

Ellen really liked and appreciated that. Her wife was an angel for that. It made her feel more in control and less like a sloppy mess. She was sure Mal was going to run for the hills but this was making her think he'd stick around.

For his part, Mal was not going to run anywhere but to the jewlery store to pick out her push present.

Everyone was so proud of the redhead and heaped praise upon her head. She soaked it up like a greedy little sponge.

But before visiting hours were just about over, Brittany's water broke.

M&Q&M

Brittany hollered and screamed for eight hours straight. It was the next day before she was able to dilate far enough to get the epidural.

It took another four hours until she could push then another two of pushing until she brought her son into the world, looking just like his father with lighter hair.

Artie was so moved, he almost stood up. He never thought he'd have this and it was so much better than what he'd dreamt up.

Brittany named him Arthur Kenneth Abrams Jr. The little boy was hers alright as he barely cried and instead, stared at one with big blue eyes.

Melanie and Janet cried the whole time while Ken and Bennett shook hands with everyone in the waiting room, announcing loudly how they were grandpas.

It was a great day and everyone was glad it was the last of the births because Brittany had showed out.

But that was alright. There was love there.

M&Q&M

Marcy returned from the bath and walked to the bed, rubbing her hair gently with her towel. It was Ellen's and Yleana's first night home and she'd just taken a long scented and luxurious bath to relax.

Ellen looked up from watching Yleana sleep. "How was it?"

"Great." Marcy climbed on Mal's free side.

"I really love your curls." Ellen beamed.

Marcy finally washed her hair after giving birth and was debating on whether to restraighten her hair.

Mal pulled on a coil. "You know how I feel about your curls."

Marcy sat back against her pillows and crossed her legs. "I don't feel like doing anything. I'm tired."

"Because we have so many kids? What were we thinking?"

"That we could handle it because there are three of us. We were wrong."

He snickered.

"No but seriously, we need a time table or something. We only have a week and a half before vacation and then we get only so much time off. I'm just so tired."

"I think we all, including you, keep forgetting Rye is only a couple weeks old. You gotta slow down."

"I have to study."

"For what?"

"I have a JROTC test that I have no idea about. I don't want to fail."

Ellen wrinkled her nose. "Those kids scare me."