Chapter 26

Pumasok kami sa isang kwarto at agad niyang sinarado 'yon.

The room was almost empty but clean with white bedding and a few basic furniture.

"Baby," kinulong ni Leyton ang mukha ko sa dalawang kamay niya at tiningala. "Tell me you're okay," pag-aalo niya sa banayad na boses.

Taliwas na taliwas sa boses niya kanina. His eyes roamed my face and looked intently into mine with an almost desperate intensity.

I blinked, and my erratic heartbeat slowly decreased.

"She...she kissed you," tanging usal ko.

He looked as if he was in pain. "Shit, I'm sorry, baby. I should have kicked her out before she said a fucking word. I'm going to-"

"She kissed you," wala sa loob na bulong ko ulit. My mind going back to when she had her lips on him.

He grimaced. "Kitten-"

"Sino siya? B-bakit...basta-basta ka lang niyang hinalikan?" putol ko sa kanya.

He gritted his teeth. "She's...my Ex," he exhaled as if annoyed to even acknowledge her. "She's nothing to me, okay? Don't let-"

"Ang sabi niya ay ikaw ang first love niya," pagputol ko ulit sa kanya. There was accusation in my voice. I felt like I was goong to vomit. "Was...was she yours, too?" garalgal ang boses na tanong ko.

I watched as his expression remained pained and slightly annoyed.

"I didn't fucking love her, if that's what you're asking, wife," madiin na sagot niya. His eyes looked desperate for me to believe him.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. I hugged myself, feeling so small. "S-She was probably right about me not knowing how to handle you-"

"You know that's not true, baby. In fact, you're the only one who can," he declared before reaching for me again.

Iniwas ko ang katawan at umatras ng bahagya. "Y-you said it yourself," nangingilid ang luha na usal ko. "You said you were going to f-fuck someone else in front of me and then let them teach me how to properly s-satisfy you," garalgal ang boses na sumbat ko.

His pained eyes followed the first tear that escaped my eye. "I shouldn't have said that, baby. I lied, okay? I was trying to be an asshole. Fuck, I am an asshole. I didn't mean it, wife. Believe me when I say it's only you I want," puno ng emosyon na sabi niya habang pinunasan ang luha ko gamit ang daliri niya. "Please don't cry, baby," he coaxes as a few more tears follow.

"It hurt. It hurt so badly when you said that," I choked. "'Yon lang ang paulit-ulit na naririnig at nasa isip ko tapos...tapos bigla pang sumulpot ang ex mo. Did you know she was here?" my stomach churned. "Oh, god, have you been seeing her here? Is that why she-"

"No," madiin na sabi niya at hinawakan ako sa mukha. "I didn't know she was here, wife, okay? You heard her, we haven't seen each other in the last seven years," umiling siya. "Enough about her. She doesn't hold a candle to you, Kitten. I want you and only you. Always has and always will be you, okay? I'm so fucking sorry about what I said to you about...fucking other women," he looked tortured. "I lied and I was trying to hurt you like I thought you were hurting me. I wasn't thinking when I saw you with him, baby. I'm so fucking sorry, please believe me," he said with absolute remorse.

Ilang sandali na natahimik ako habang pinoproseso ang mga sinabi niya. Magmumukha akong bobo pero naniniwala ako sa kanya. He had always been different with me compared to anyone else. He always had a frown and annoyed looked reserved for everyone else, except me.

It still hurt though. Hindi ko pa din maiwasang ma-insecure.

Gulat na tiningnan ko siya nang bigla siyang lumuhod sa harap ko at inangat ang dress ko.