1. Positive News, Or Not...

The room is silent, apart from the constant, slow and steady beeps from the monitors in the hospital room. The younger girl is attached to all the monitors, deep in sleep.

It was now the day after Christmas and nothing had changed.

Maddie was still lay unconscious in the huge bed.

Carina is sitting by her daughter's bedside, a tight clutch on her hand as Maya is pacing the room back and forth.

"Why hasn't she woken up yet?" The blonde questioned agitated.

"Maya--" Carina began to speak.

"How... How could this happen?" Maya asked.

"Maya, we weren't to know. We had no idea that she had started cutting again," Carina told her wife before she sighed.

"I-I should have known! I should have known that my daughter would do something like this, but of course, I just blamed it on usual teenage behaviour and now we're here... We're at the hospital while we wait for her to wake up!" The blonde exclaimed upset.

"Maya, you need to calm down," Carina sighed as she continued to watch her wife pace back and forth.

"How can I calm down? Our daughter... Our daughters lay in a hospital bed because I failed to see the signs!" The blonde continued to exclaim loudly.

"Maya! Go take a walk!" Carina told her wife firmly.

The blonde woman shook her head firmly.

"No, no... I- I need to be here when she wakes up," She said in disagreement.

"Then calm down, and stop pacing the room. Just come and sit down, here hold her hand... and just breathe," Carina told her wife.

Maya begrudgingly sat down on the chair and let out a sigh as she stared at her daughter lay in the hospital bed.

"God, she looks so small in the bed," She mumbled quietly.

"Lo so," Carina agreed as she nodded.

mayadelucabishop just added to her story.

"Hey, guys," Andy said, slipping inside the hospital room

"Hey," Maya spoke glumly.

"Hello," Carina said quietly.

"Still no change, huh?" Andy asked as she looked over at her blonde niece lay in the hospital bed attached to the wires.

"No... Bailey and the rest of the doctors said she could wake up at any point, but it's just a waiting game," Carina explained to the brunette.

Andy nodded and sat down on the spare chair as she continued to watch the girl, hopeful that she would wake up soon.

It was the worst feeling in the pit of her stomach when she got the call, she was quick to rush back to the apartment with the aid car and bring her niece to the hospital.